Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Unlucky day

I've never felt more suay in my entire life. Or to make it sound nice, more blur.

Shi Hui & co. told me about the medical check up and I was very very traumatised and scared by it.

I only slept for a few hours since I wasn't used to sleeping early, and since I was to sort of welcome Mai back to Singapore after half a year today, I needed to get to the airport in the afternoon. So Yi Xin suggested to meet at 7am at Tampines this morning. I usually wakes up when the clock strikes noon, or later.


Due to unforeseen circumstances that we cannot control Yi Xin wasn't able to make it to NUS with me for the medical check-up. Hence bright and early, Erina has to make it to NUS alone, which isn't a good idea at all. Erina is very sotong when you leave her alone in a strange place. This is unlucky situation no. 1.

No. 2 occurred on the SMRT. This woman whose size you'd estimate to be on the very positive side of the scale kept sweeping her Today paper against my mypaper. What is your problem? Kept disturbing me la. Not just that. She kicked my feet which seemed to be by accident a few times and still can pretend like nothing happen. It's as if she is too used to stepping on others' toes that she can't be bothered anymore. I gave her a face (which sadly she missed it) and I moved away. She scared she cannot alight la, I was standing near the door. Irritating. Not a good way to start the day. Quite an eyesore also because she was in a mini denim skirt which didn't flatter her at all.

And then I reached NUS' University Health and Wellness Centre for the checkup at 9am. What an idiot I was. I went to the counter and registered, paid the fee, filled up a pink form, and sat down waiting for my number to come. I sat there for like, 35 minutes? Then I heard the magic word 'Please proceed to Counter E after filling up the pink form ah!' Great, no one told me and I was just sitting there waiting for 3810 to appear on the digital board. No. 3.

The auntie at E takes your height and weight and vision. When I was there I was a bit traumatised by the increase in weight because it was right on the overweight mark. I was just hoping that I could be taller by a bit so that I'll escape that range. I was quite distracted and the nurse led me to the vision place after taking weight. And I was like, 'No need to take height?' 'Need, need! Go take height first!' So in a hurry I was there and the other nurse announced 173.5 cm. Crazy! How did I manage to grow by 3 cm??? And then... ... ... I realised I was still wearing my slippers. But the slippers could be no more than 2 cm! So I guess the problem could lie with parallax error.

When I reached the urine test station, the nurse asked me why I took so long. I told her I didn't know I was supposed to proceed to the station like immediately. 'Oh!! Poor girl!!' Yea. Nice and sweet lady. She said very good after testing my urine. Bet I didn't eat unhealthily then. Haha.

So I wasted so much of my time, I was rather flusted. Waited for my number which thankfully came quite quickly, and I got into the room and let the doctor check my body if I have some growth or those sort (I had to half bare myself). And yeay finally time for X-ray then I can balik kampung. Had to remove bra and wear back your shirt lo. T_T

And the person who took our X-ray was a male guy. Hmmph.

Met two nice girls during the queue. =) Some unconditional emotional support. Yea, whatever.

I went to the canteen downstairs and got a barley drink and a piece of agar-agar. The uncle looked quite fierce I didn't dare ask for a carrier. So had to finish the drink asap. At the bus stop, I was trying to pack my jacket into my back when everyone at the bus stop stood up and flagged the bus. I got frantic and saw ya the number starts with a 9 so it's my bus. I'm supposed to take 95. Then I got up the bus and immediately I saw the view is getting very...never-seen-before. Shit. I turned back to see the plastic card at the back of the bus and realised I was on 96 instead. T_T It's a longer way and leads me to Clementi instead of Buona Vista and I was further away from the east. Sigh. No. 4.

And after that things went quite smoothly for the rest of the day.

No comments: