Friday, July 21, 2006

Dead Man's Chest


Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest in all to me was not bad, compared to the criticism I got from Daniel, Wee Kiat and Shun Wei. Daniel shook his head at the thought of the movie, Shun Wei's answer was a firm 'No good!' While Wee Kiat thought that the movie was a tad bit too long. Mainly it was because there wasn't an ending.

The storyline was in fact quite good I think, the idea of having a thump-thump was special. Who would take out their hearts and store them in a chest? So dumb. But the effects, the design of the characters. I like them making the crew on the Flying Dutchman like sea creatures with things growing on their bodies and one looking like a hammerhead shark and another with the head of a hermit crab.

I like the way Johnny Depp acted. The sashaying was quite swift actually. Haha. Orlando Bloom still doesn't turn me on, Keira Knightley was quite ugly in this episode, so on so forth. I guess I was rather impressed with how every character brought out the personality of their roles.

Ah, the music was good. The orchestra playing the main theme of the Pirates of the Caribbean (though I didn't hear any new melodies, the music should be reused from part 1) gave the audience the majestic feeling of some parts. I just felt the music became a bit too bland for me, but over all it's not bad.

And at the end when they were leading the audience on to the third episode, I didn't curse or swear, perhaps because I already knew this was coming and so I didn't feel that irritated with this movie. Haha.

You can go watch it, but don't ask for too much!

Signed 25072006, 0100hrs

No comments: