Sunday, July 02, 2006

No more~

YX just called me this afternoon and told me that our Ministry of Education ez-link cards have expired and we couldn't use it for transport anymore. Well, I didn't know la. Was still happily using the card for the last half year.

When I went for my brother's concert just now (or yesterday to be accurate) I tried to use my card on the bus. The card reader blurted out an alert tone and on the screen it said CARD EXPIRED! I had coins in preparation so it wasn't much of a problem. Due to habit I tried to scan the card again when I was alighting but apparently there wasn't a need. So the reader rang again. So embarrassing.

My dad got for me a new ez-link card (at least the picture on it was not too bad la) and it's so expensive la. Some time ago they implemented a new policy that a portion of the cost of the card which is $5 is non-refundable. The card damm ex!

Anyway, I went to the counter and asked the lady if I could get the $4.06 refund in my MOE ez-link. She said can, but they'll have to keep the card. I thought about it, and said 'Oh another day perhaps.' Just can't bear to part with the card for the moment.

Hmm. Suddenly I feel like playing The Singapore Experience by Hardy Mertens again. Probably because National Day is coming.

No comments: