Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Tau huay spree

Tomorrow I'll be on a tau huay spree. Not exactly spree-spree, but I'm just going to have tau huay at Geylang Lorong 13. That's where I ate with my section after Joie De Vivre II.

I'm going with my dad and bro! Mum's working so cannot go with us...

Quite bad hor? I think I should make it a day when my mum can...my dad said this Saturday but I can't, I have Meiden Voyage (that's the concert with the Japanese High School band). And my dad spited me and said he'll go this Saturday with everyone else including my sister but me. Irritating! And I begged and 'abused' my dad (I didn't really abuse-abuse, it was slapping him on the arms so on) and finally I managed to make it tomorrow.

I know I'm damm bad to my dad la.

But it has been eons since he brought us out for dinner at night! I remember fondly we used to go at least once a week when my dad was driving the cab full day and will bring us out when we finish dinner at home for some dessert or good food around the island. That tau huay included. That was...in primary school to secondary school. And it has been many many years. Then my dad changed to driving us every Sunday morning for breakfast - he drove the day shift now, he only drove the full shift for less than a year when he started cabbying - and because I started work and everything, less people were to go eat and my family don't wake me up for breakfast so I missed a lot of breakfast outings with them already. AND I'm going to stay in hostel so it's like zero chances can.

The bad thing is...I actually settled everything with my dad and bro already then Yi Xin reminded me that we're supposed to go out to celebrate Jing Yi's birthday. I was like, shit! I wanna go for tau huay also...then I already sort of promised my dad then if I said cannot like very... ... ...moreover my dad is going to have his dinner outside and ask my mum not to cook and I don't want him to eat alone.

Maybe a blessing in disguise, Joan got something on tomorrow and if she can't make it then pointless to hold a celebration as one of the seven of us is not going to be present. Then the dinner got cancelled, and we're not celebrating anymore tomorrow. We're postponing it to August, after we're more or less settled in school.

There are six of the seven us who are going to NUS come August, and Joan is currently having lessons at Jurong Island and everything is in the West and may be easier to go about organising things.

It may be inconvenient for Hui Ying and Jing Yi will have to wait longer.

OK! I'm happy that I get to go on with my beloved tau huay tomorrow. And the oily you char kway and everything. Yeay.

No comments: