Saturday, July 15, 2006

Maternal instincts

You know, as you grow, some of you may develop this kind of feelings where you worry endlessly for others younger than you, sometimes older, and you just want to look after them all the time. Make sure you're always there for them, be their pillar, be their support.

Parental instincts.

For me, the mummy side of me has been reacting terribly today.

I was on the verge of crying la, was soooooooo anxious for Hai Sing. Because of MJ practice at 4pm I couldn't get to watch them. Only can rely on updates from my girls as well as Yi Xin they all.

Couldn't really concentrate and was sighing all the way at MJ. Even Candice had to sort of console me. Hong Wei had to tolerate my frustration.

Then at the end of band practice, that's about time that the results will be announced. Chiaw Hong, the HSC Tuba SL, SMSed me and said the last band just finished playing...which is Mus'Art. Heard from Ms Sia that they did very well. Fantastic.

I glued myself to Ms Sia for most of the time while waiting for the news.

Got to know that Hai Sing got Silver, before the announcements were made at VCH.

I couldn't believe it.

Maybe it was because I can't get used to the feeling of getting Silver - which I have never got any and hopefully not - and I thought Hai Sing'd do well.

My kids what. Have faith in them.

Then well, reality kicked in, they really got Silver.

Yep was disappointed. Extremely.

But I got the hang of the situation, so I was fine shortly after. Just pretty worried about how my juniors were feeling la.

Ms Sia enlightened me here and there la, I needed to show a confident front to my juniors too. Like later if they see the seniors so disappointed they'll feel worse right? Haha.

Yea...and Ms Sia sent me, Kai Ling, Sarah and Hong Wei to Hai Sing after which Hong Wei went home.

When it was almost dark the buses transporting the band members came back...and when my juniors saw me, Zhi Wei said I missed a tsunami. I didn't get them till I saw that Amanda's eyes were still wet. Then I realised.

AiYa, doesn't matter la. Make this a lesson! Strive for SYF that you all will definitely bring a Gold medal home! You all are comprised of only Sec 2s and 3s and you can get 79% already!!! Just give 1% to the welfare of the world and you'd be a happier person too! Don't think too much, your seniors are always around!

I wondered about what made them not score well...some reasons, yea I know. But not to be disclosed.

Must be the uniform.

No comments: