Monday, July 10, 2006

It is It!

It is Italy!

The winner of World Cup 2006!

Well, it's not as if I'm celebrating for them, it's just the first and last complete match that I watched for the whole WC season. Then I make a fuss out of it since it was the finals.

I'm the sort who waits for everything to almost end then take notice. Didn't know what will happen, didn't know who'd win.

But Kimberly told me 'France will win,' as a matter-of-factly.

Felix was telling me he supports the winners - France. He used to support another team. Used to. If I'm not wrong.

And while I was watching the match and at the 7th minute when Zidane shot in the penalty, I was like, 'OK, I shall stand by Italy' since France has it's fair share of supporters. Going against the odds, this is what I call it. And my intuition was telling me that Italy would win.

Yi Xin and I were SMS-ing throughout the match, and she was on France's side. Can't tell you how I was howling with glee at the 19th minute when the magical head equalled the score. And how Buffon blocked Zidane's header away from the goalpost with a magical hand.

And then everyone knows what I'll be talking about, Zizou's headbutt. The world shall condemn Materazzi because from the footage we all know it was surely something Materazzi said. And I read the papers today,

Materazzi admits to insulting 'arrogant' Zidane

But what it seemed like was that Zidane started it.

"I held his shirt for only a few seconds, he turned towards me and scoffed at me, looking at me with super-arrogance, up and down: 'If you really want my shirt, you can have it later.'

"It's true, I shot back with an insult."

Materazzi claimed that he did not insult Zizou's mother or anything of the sort, but those kind of insults that you hear a lot. Probably things like 'F*** you'. That's a lot that we hear in Singapore.


At least Mat was honest, just how much honest, we do not know.

People who were interviewed and obviously on Zidane's side were of course saying that Mat insulted Zizou calling him a terrorist and the sort. Just a few days only and I saw all sorts of lip-read experts giving all sorts of different analysis to what Mat really said.

Zidane already made known his side of the story, and we all know that Materazzi insulted his mother and sister like what Zizou said. Zizou's mum even commented that she wanted to cut off Materazzi's testicles for insulting her. (-_-") Who's right, who's wrong, we don't know.

Zidane won't want to end his career like that anyway.

Just that the both of them should be punished.

But then again, Italy won!

Man, I should have placed a bet. For the pasta.

Signed 15072006, 1336hrs

No comments: