Tuesday, July 25, 2006

NBC Guest Band Concert

I left home quite late and had to rush to Accent to get the tuba pins for the Japanese and James, a Mus'Art section member, too.

Accent is so troublesome to reach. FYI, Accent is a shop that sells musical equipment and instruments, something like Band World and Talent Music. Anyway, Accent is at JK Building, which is along Jalan Jurong Kechil. I had to take a bus 173 ride which costs S$0.85 to reach there from Clementi Bus Interchange before deduction for transfer.

The nice lady at Accent then told me that I could take 174 from the bus-stop which will stop at St. Andrew's Cathedral, which is a short distance away from Victoria Concert Hall where Meiden band's concert was supposed to be held. If I took the train, I think I'd be right on the dot for the concert and transport fares would hit the roof. Luckily I know of 174.

I was already preparing to get high for the concert la! Haha. Was already damm high for Meiden Voyage.

Meiden Symphonic Band The tuba section

This is the other photo of the Japanese drum and the percussionist. The funny thing is he was changing at the platform, uh before you think too much, he merely took out his blazer and wore the Japanese jacket over. But well, no one really changes at full view of the audience.

He made a good hiding of his blazer
They look very smart with Mr Ito on the baton

I just screamed and screamed for them. Wanted to get high again.

During intermission we managed to sneak openly into the backstage and disturb our friends. Took photos, chatted, the main band section gave the Japanese the flowers which I got when I wasn't around =P, and we were shooed back out. Haha.

The tuba section. They look a bit like ship captains with this uniform
Shota is so cute!
Helmed by another conductor, Mr Kajiyama

They played this piece called Disco Party and they had dancers for this too. They wore colourful wigs and costumes.


After which they played the long awaited The Incredibles. This piece by itself is already very interesting, but with their artmanship the whole piece is incredibly incredible. The trumpets and trombones wore hats with the American colours and stars on it, and they used the hats as mutes too, which was really cool. Chairs were moved to the front of the stage and there were gimmicks by the woodwind section, where they played and swirled and pranced around the chairs. The tuba section even stood on the cushion chairs. Invincible.

You can see Shinya and the percussionists urging the audience to clap along This is the last part of The Incredibles where the tuba solo is, and Shota walked up to the front while playing and it was a really nice and neat ending

Oh, and the two emcees you've seen for Meiden Voyage were back again! So cute! Haha. But they said about the same things.

The two conductors thanking the audience
Saxophone solo

And we see the cheerleaders back again for S-A-T-UR-D-AY-NIGHT!

So great to see the dancing again This boy is the brother of one of the male flautists who knew the dance steps. So cute! He was dancing along with the cheerleaders I'll miss this This should be during Deep Purple

I really went crazy. Kept trying to snap a good photo on my not-so-good camera while they were moving and my hands were shaking. Shota who is one of the leaders of the band gave a speech of gratitude. And guess what I did? If you haven't known, I shouted 'SHOTA~~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!' from the circle seats. And everyone turned around. So embarassing! Haha but well, at least I let go of myself! Shota replied to that with a 'Thank you!' Hahaha so cute. The Japanese are just so genuine. Later on my juniors said that they recognised that it was me.

Shota reading out the speech to Mr Ong
Presenting the token of appreciation
They rounded up the concert with a song..I heard that one of the euphonium guys cried during the song
Playing the last few rounds of encore
Another round of The Incredibles

The tuba players were standing on the chairs at this point
Players from tuba, stringbass and euphonium at the side of the stage
Took a photo with Mr Ito!

We gave them the tuba pins and they were sooo appreciative! Especially Tomoko. She looked as though she was really going to cry! I suggested we buy those because Tomoko pointed to my tuba pin and said that it's cute. So probably that's why she was so elated la.

Felix and Tomoko. Never seen Felix trying to look so natural. Look what Hong Wei is doing in the background!
Kai Yan needs training about how to pose in photos. It's rare to see him smiling in photos but you cannot see his eyes...
Felix and Shota
The tuba section! Candice and Samuel were here though

Candice had to go off earlier, Samuel...well I wasn't sure where he was at that moment. Sorry!

And it's the end of another of their performances.

I'm listening to a recording of The Incredibles while blogging la...brings back so much memories, as if I'm seeing them in front of me performing again.

Signed 29072006, 2359hrs

No comments: