Saturday, July 29, 2006

MJC 2nd College Day

I went back to get my Colours award since we got Gold for SYF 2005.

I saw Jorcelyn (affectionately known as zhu-si-lin back in my JC days) and she told me she reached school early in the morning for a rehearsal. I was like 'Huh??!' So it was that she's the Sportswoman of the Year la!!! Wah, they don't even have some kind of Female Musician of the Year or anything like that, I'd stand a chance =P Kidding. And back to Jorcelyn. She's the Sportswoman of the Year! Of OUR year!! So cool la! Then she was the last few to go up to the stage and she stood there while Mr Colin Cheong, her ex-rifle-teacher-in-charge, read out her citation. So good!!! And her trophy is tampered glass lo. As in real glass. Those kiang-kiang noises and not those dull thud of plastic when you knock it. But the engraving of her name was wrong. Her name was engraved as 'Jocelyn' without the 'R'.

Zhu-si-lin being interviewed
Ju Ling and I

We had to wait in LT4 for a rehearsal at noon. In the end it turned out to be a briefing which started at 1pm and lasted for ten minutes or so. Waste my money, I took a cab there because I thought I was late. I could've reached at 1230 had I taken a bus instead.

Me, Pei Ling

The guest-of-honour, Mr Tan Teck Meng, was a funny guy. When he was addressing us, he was talking in a very amusing way and cracked some jokes. Haha.

Here's the Chairman of the College Advisory Committee, Mr Tan Teck Meng
Jorcelyn on stage!

And in the programme, my name was typed wrongly la! They typed it as Lim Wan Ching Edna. I seriously don't know how they saw Erina to Edna or whose handwriting was terrible. But on the register my name was correct. And I worry what if the certificate printed my name wrongly?

Well at least Edna didn't appear in the engraving of the coin and cert. Erina was there, but...



WHO THE HELL IS LIM WAI CHING ERINA? wth. It's the band's records la, not the first time I saw Lim Wai Ching there already. But I'm still pissed okay.

For the whole day my name came out in different versions. My name was Lim Wan Ching Erina (which is absolutely correct) when they sent me the letter to inform me of the College Day, Lim Wan Ching Edna in the College Day programme, and Lim Wai Ching Erina in the cert and coin which must be correct. So in the end I returned the coin and certificate and need to collect it someday later. What a waste of my time! I won't be able to get them in time to come since I'll be in the west during the weekdays.

It's a waste of my whole day la! Didn't sleep much because I reached home late and slept for about 4 hours? In the end I returned home with the empty coin holder.

Ever had so many errors to your name in a day? wth.

Anyway, we had a reception in the canteen which was Elsie's Kitchen buffet. I quite like this company's buffet, they somehow never disappoints. I went around and looked for my teachers, I talked to Ms Michelle Wong (my previous civics tutor-cum-econs tutor), Mrs Low (my maths tutor!), and Ms Choo (my chem teacher). And I took a picture with Ms Choo and Jorcelyn.

Ms Choo slimmed down a lot, comparable to Jorcelyn already

No comments: