Sunday, July 16, 2006

There goes another concert

Rhythme Et Blues was quite a success.

Other than having a small number of empty seats.

But still, I felt quite relaxed and not as tensed up during the week when I was performing. Was a bit stressed and afraid that I'll come in at the wrong time all that la.

Didn't get distracted by MJ's results, I could focus, I played and I enjoyed.

Felt honoured to be conducted by Mr. Shuichi. And his girlfriend, the guest pianist that we accompanied for the piano concerto, Rhapsody in Blue. It's a realllly great piece!

It's also one of those times that I get to slack around during concerts, since the band only go onstage in the second half. My third concert this year, with the fourth to come on August 13 at the Esplanade. Beautiful Sunday.

I was hanging around the reception while chatting with Zhi Hao, and see who comes along. Then Kai Ling, Jie Ying, Hui Zhen and Yi Xin came. Kai Ling wanted to watch the Percussion Club ma.

I think the Percussion Club has rather cool people la. I'm not sure enough though, didn't see them play before. I didnt even bother to sit in and listen. Haha.

After the concert went to eat with my Hai Sing juniors. Felt so young because I can click with them. (-_-") Haha they're 14 and 15. I'm 19.

It's my first concert with Mus'Art and phew, it wasn't that scary after all.

Received some flowers from my friends who came.

A blossoming rose from Yi Xin & co.
From my Hai Sing tuba section
From Ee Hern. Nice right? His mum wrapped it

I need some days to rest my tired wrists and fingers. And arms which were hurt from hogging the tuba around. I guess it's because of the weird way I was carrying the 993 tuba (aka MJ's, I hit it on almost every surface today. Not used to it at all.) I think it hit me on my hip and I have a bruise there. Blue black. And I don't know how I got another bruise on my left leg. I seem to hurt everywhere and my fingers aren't as sychronised when I type. Ah I need rest.

No comments: