Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Went to Mrs Chua's

In the end there's visiting after all.

Before I go on, I would like to say that all of a sudden I realised that when I take a photo my head will be turned to the side. Oh my. What is becoming of me? Ha. Never mind.

Anyway, my mum went to a relative's place today by herself and she brought an army of relatives home and she didn't inform my brother and I. I wasn't done with my computer at that time so I continued working on it. And a specific relative was watching what I was doing from behind, I was chatting with Xin Hui, and blogging. And he kept asking me this and that. And he smokes! Argh. Hate this. And during dinner he always kpo at my food, said oh you want your satay to cook faster you put more butter! Please lo! I don't need it to be done fast! And adding butter is adding fat to me and the oil will spurt everywhere. Though I know he's trying to be helpful but whatever la. It's not as if I know him very well. When I left for Mrs Chua's, he was like, 'Wah! Go par-tor (dating) ah?!' Wah piang I'm not lo, and then other relatives began saying things like, 'Ya your age quite good to have boyfriend liao what' etc etc etc. Grrr.

Xin Hui asked me to go to Mrs Chua's place, in the end there was only XH, Cheng Huat, Hong Wei and me who went. Haha. Never mind la, a small group is fine. Nice chat with Mrs Chua, and she showed us some video recordings of the Japanese band competition. This elementary school one and the World Music Contest 2005.

I tell you, those kids don't play like an elementary school~! They were really awesome for their age, can say that even better than the secondary school bands here. One thing is I find that those girls don't sit properly. Why open your legs so wide when you're playing the horn? But anyway, it's music that is most important. Some players kept switching instruments throughout the piece, for example trombone players swapped to euphoniums during the piece. And trumpets to flugelhorn, to horn. The best part is the mouthpiece are also different, so it's like they have to adjust ultra fast! They also memorised their pieces. No scores.

And Mrs Chua showed us the top band, a Belgium band, for the World Music Contest last year. They were soooooooo good! Their transition very very nice. I hear liao very comfortable. Soo nice. And the band is very very big. However they played very precisely and you don't know that they're that huge! I think they have 40 clarinets as what Mr Chua told us. I don't know if he counted. And there are 4 oboes. They even have cellos. They sit in full six rows. You get the idea. They played Danceries, quite a nice piece.

Oh Wei Wen! The shoes gave me blisters! Like you were complaining about your shoes. Haha. I think the reason why I didn't have problem with it yesterday was because my father drove us around. I walked all the way to Simei to Mrs Chua's, it's about a 10-15 minutes walk though. On my way back the back part of my ankle, I forgot what it's called. Calf or sth? It bled! So pathetic hor. I must say the shoes not that comfortable if you gonna do a lot of walking. Can see that I won't be able to wear that shoes to go shopping. Yikes. Then what other use have I got for that pair? Haha.

And the pair of earrings I bought. I love them! In the end one side had to break. I merely shook my head and it came out. I think there was already a fault there but I didn't check la. Can see that the part broke before because you can see the signs of soldering. Sigh. So sad. $6.90 leh. And I hardly tend to like fancy earrings. It's always studs for me. Sighhh. So sad!

I'm so sian. Gotta work tomorrow. Sigh. Though it is $14 per hour... I just don't have the mood la. Have to pull myself to Compass Point tomorrow liao. I'll be slacking away anyway. ZZzz.

And I think my face is getting rounder. Haha. And and and.

And nothing else liao.

And I miss band! T_T

No comments: