Sunday, January 22, 2006

First and second day of work at Star5

Work is fine la...but you can say it can get boring. I seriously don't know how I am going to repeat all the stuff again and again...

Day 1
Reached the shop at around 1045 and it wasn't opened yet. I was wearing the i-mode shirt and standing outside waiting. And I got my first customer who asked me how much she could get by trading in her Nokia 7650 for N70 I think. I had no idea. So told her it was my first day! And that I wasn't trained in stuff in that area.

Excuses? Nope. The other phones aren't really my business la. Haha. I could help too. But I know too little to poke my nose around. Time will help!

When the guy came to open the shop, customers swarmed in when he just only opened the shutters and not the supporting stuff. He haven't even sat on his seat yet. I told him I'm the i-mode promoter, he actually gave me a blank look. 45 minutes later, when the shop was empty again, then I finally managed to talk to him. In the meantime I was introducing i-mode to the customers from the file. Which isn't sufficient.

That colleague's name is Sam, and he wasn't informed of my arrival. Hmmph. How could this be? But he's a nice person la, nice to talk to and easy-going.

Around 12 plus this girl came. She's quite ah-lian actually, but she's quite funny! Like was trying to re-enact the story of this irritating customer who came the night before, and asked me to act as the customer. Haha funny girl. She's the in-charge actually. Her name's Belinda. AND she also wasn't informed that I'm supposed to come. See? Hazel (she was the one who interviewed us last time and briefed us about this job of ours) prepped a list for us during training to tell us where we are posted to, and told us that they should even provide me with all the demo phones! But I only got the NEC N411i as demo and the N412i as dummy. Anyway, how now brown cow? I seriously don't know what to do lo.

Passed today quite quickly la. But customers are still interested in Nokia or they can't be bothered about i-mode. Or they think it is too high-tech. It's hard to convince them la, because they don't use the internet and whatsoever. Heartlander adults ma. Majority of them just do whatever is the norm. i-mode is too high-tech! How? No sales how? Terminate my contract lo.

Anyway later in the day this other girl called Golden came to help out at the shop too. Didn't talk to her much la.

Day 2
Just so sian to go to work today. Quite dreading to repeat what I said yesterday. 没办法. Other than Belinda and Sam, this other lady called Angie came to help out. Golden didn't.

By the way I didn't mention that my name is a difficulty to them. Belinda called me 小妹 yesterday though I'm a much larger size than her. And she called me i-mode today. Golden called me i-mode. I don't know if Sam still remembers my name. Sigh. So hard ah.

Not too long after the shop opened today this mum with a toddler in her arms and a 9-year-old came in. And the boy actually asked me about i-mode! His mum was like, just tell him, he likes this sort of thing. Really very smart and adorable, that kid. I asked how he knew about i-mode and he was like, on TV, the advertisement. That never ending 'i like. i-mode' ad actually was etched in his memory and he came to ask out of curiousity. He was the one who pulled his mum in. Kids nowadays.

Met customers with BO today. Not that I really mind, I just need to be prepared.

Overall...working there is still ok la. I just dunno what I am going to do about my time-table. Called Hazel twice today and she didn't pick up. I also dunno what to do, supposed to go shopping with Yi Xin tomorrow. I'm not done with my CNY clothes yet. And shoes too. Sigh. 伤脑筋。

No comments: