Saturday, January 14, 2006

Calculations

Because I'm using adult fare so I'm getting rather picky about the price of transportation. So expensive! I remembered a number of years ago adult fares were $0.55 per ride basically. Now it's $0.64!! Ya ya ya, call me auntie if you want. Heh.

I'm supposed to work at Compasspoint in days to come, assuming the buses I take are all air-conditioned buses, then since the trip from my place to the bus stop before Tampines Regional Library costs $0.64 as it is a TownLink bus (flat fare), and from that bus stop to Blk 240 in Sengkang (argh) takes a difference of 11 stages so that makes it to be about $1.15. Minus the rebate of transferring of $0.25 that makes
$0.64 + $1.15 - $0.25 = $1.54. WAH! So expensive!! Then calculating to and fro, it is $3.08 per day!! WAH! So expensive!! I could have a nice plate of chicken rice with that. and give the $0.08 to the uncle as tips.

I work typically 8.5 hours a day, and with $7 per hour, that makes $59.50 a day. I got a compulsory lunch break, so let's take it that I spend $5 a day for my meals. Then deducting the above, I'm left with $51.42 a day only!!! WAH! So little!! And CPF!! Then I'm left with $41.136 a day after deduction for CPF!! WAH! So little!! It's making me not wanna eat at all, or pack some sandwich instead.

I'm afraid to eat at the food court alone. Oh man. Never mind la, just don't eat those meals type of food. There's always Cold Storage. But I don't know if it has sushi there. Can't remember. And the hydroponics salad. But I can't possibly be having those everyday. There's Old Chang Kee. I'd die from eating it. Doing some research of the mall now. There's Breadtalk but it is expensive. To me. There's Mr Bean, I can buy tau huay from there. Either those quite high-end bakeries or fast food restaurants. Sigh. I shall do my own if I have the energy. Save costs!

Anyway, I work 5 days a week, and I get $10.50 per hour on the 6th day if I'm not wrong. OT also that amount I think. And on the 7th day if I'm not wrong I get $14 per hour! Public holidays too. Ok, I don't mind sacrificing all these if I have nothing on. Earn more, earn more!!

I'm becoming more like what I was during my days working at The Cafe Cartel. I can work the whole day from opening to closing and so that makes 16 hours a day and I pocket $120+ for that public holiday alone. To get the advantages of working on days that I'm not supposed to work, actually. Heh.

Hope I'll be a good employee. And have a good environment to work in. =D

No comments: