Monday, January 16, 2006

Second Practice at Mus'art

Due to some circumstances Hwee Lee, Xin Hui, Cheng Huat and I were late for the practice. I met them ma, and in the end I didn't realise that I was on the most losing end. I had to walk past the whole band in front of everyone (I didn't know that I could actually walk behind the percussion section but I had mental block, anyway) and walk past them again carrying the huge tuba. So pai seh!! By the time I was ready Hwee Lee they all already settle down liao lo. Whaha. I felt so kuku. But nevermind la.

Then Yin Xuan disappeared for a while as there is this other new tuba player who came in and YX had to get an instrument for him. I was the only one playing and I was damm scared. Not as if I'm playing at Hai Sing or MJ. I'll dare to play at these two bands. Plus I haven't warm up. And we were starting on Carmen, there were very little long notes, or even none. A lot of bouncing notes all that, they are really difficult to produce if you have not warmed up. Ya la I stupid haha.

However after that practice was ok... seems like I can sight-read slightly better liao. Not as slow as always. Whahaha. Enjoyed the practice somehow, though I can't go there anymore till later.. Guess I will not have much of a chance of going back... Lack of instruments I think. Because I was using the remaining available tuba... Oh man. Sigh.

I actually quite dread take the train again. Like all the way back to Tampines from Jurong, and like I hoped Mrs Chua offered to give us a lift home. Yeay! And they dropped me at the bus stop at my place here. The ride home was quite fun la, a lot of things to talk about.

I saw the information booklet for the National Band Competition or something like that. I heard that Mrs Chua should be bringing all her bands there. I saw the score for Jupiter Rock Version, and also that for Dragonstea Din Tei. Mrs Chua said Anglican High played that for their encore. So that was the secret encore Mr Chua was telling Hai Sing.

Reached home about less than an hour after the practice ended! Haha. Felt great, if not I'd reach home at about 7 plus. Hope I'll still get to play after I finish the job on June 31.

No comments: