Thursday, January 19, 2006

Third day of training at StarHub

Today's the best hands-on experience I had ever tried! We tried i-mode phones! So COOL! i like. i-mode.

Before I rant on about it, I need to tell you people that i-mode is exclusively for StarHub subscribers ONLY. StarHub got the rights to be the sole distributor but I guess soon the other telcos will also be able to provide the i-mode service.

We were given an i-mode phone each to try during training today. It's really convenient! It's just one press of the i-mode button on the keypad you'll be at i-mode! After you'd activated the phone to i-mode you get to do a lot of things, like email, iMMS, websites, blah blah blah. i-mode can support cHTML content only, so there are sites that cannot be accessed properly because they are HTML.

But still, you can download videos, ringtones, pictures etc from i-mode, and surf around! Subscribe to the Straits Times at only $3/mth, and a lot more things you can do. Very hard to tell about this la, if I were to say more I'd be like working now. Haha. Enjoyed today though. Just can't get enough. I mean, soon I will la, but it's so new and I got to try it (usually I'm the last few to try out new technology in Singapore). I will definitely get an i-mode phone, but not now I guess, because the phones out aren't really my cup of tea and there should be functions that will become better and good for everyone to use. Of course there are disadvantages about it, but don't worry, costs aren't really a big problem if you use it well.

But anyway... Last day of training tomorrow, it's on sales! Scared leh. Haha. Like how to sell the i-mode service... Never mind la. I'll get the hang of it.

No comments: