Thursday, January 12, 2006

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe

Eons after the Chronicles of Narnia came onscreen, I finally went to watch it today with Yi Xin. Wanted to watch today because tickets are only $7. Yes yes, I'm cheapo. Whatever.

The pre-movie advertisements were awfully long. After that when I thought that the show started but instead I saw war fighter planes on the screen, I asked YX if we were in the correct cinema. The tickets were with me, I confirmed that we were in the correct cinema. Haha. Yes later on I saw the characters of the movie so I knew I was in the correct one. For a moment I thought I missed the show.

But anyway, the show was good. Visual effects blah blah blah, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Aslan (the lion) was soooooo handsome and charming and great I almost fell for him. Whahaha. The whole story...I'm not really sure what the moral of the story is, but I know it's quite a lot about loyalty or something, even to the bad people. The White Witch was...I dunno, cool? Yes she is because she caused Narnia to be in winter for 100 years. But the way she swung her staff (which works as a wand too) is quite cool. Like very smooth action. And the lion...waH! Can't stand it. Whahaha.

The war part was exciting! Like you see the army of both sides from the bird's eye view is magnificent. Doesn't look fake to me. And you get quite scared if the lead was going to die (even though you know he won't). A good show la, worth the $7.

I think due to the long while after it came out then I went to watch, there were very little people in the cinema. Very very little. So sometimes when there are funny parts I just giggled and didn't really laugh out loud, guess i'd have caused the cinema to have echoes. But anyway.

No comments: