Thursday, January 12, 2006

That pair of contact lenses

I don't use lenses, but there is already this quite new product which is making me sick. I cannot mention the brand in case I get into trouble, however I'm sure you all know about that product which enhances your eyes by making them look bigger and brighter. I know I'm being mean and bad and unrefined and perhaps going against the law now but I really want to criticise about it.

The thing is, it doesn't make your eyes really physically bigger, but it is that the lenses have got this dark rings on it that define your eyes so that your iris (the coloured part of your eyes) look bigger.

See?

However, I sincerely advise those with very small eyes (though you may be the ones who need it most) that you don't use it.

You see, because your iris will be bigger, it will be covering more of the white space (do you call it conjunctiva? I can't remember) and so if your eyes are small they'll look all black. Aren't you afraid that if you try it you'll look like 贞子 (Sadako, think The Ring)?

Seee? Sadako's eyes aren't really big.

Notice too that the model that the manufacturer used to advertise this product has got big eyes. Then why does she need more of this eye-expanding thing? And her eyes are nice enough. True?

No comments: