Saturday, January 07, 2006

passed a job interview

an application & interview
supposed to go for a shopping spree with yixin for my new year clothes, and then i got a call from yixin in the morning telling me that recruit express called her and told her that they have a job for her...its for a position at starhub to promote i-mode...so i accompanied her to recruit express (re) to register. they didnt call me, i think its because of me having applied for another job with them and was still waiting for the call for an interview. but i waited for a few days liao still no news.

saw juling at re too. she came earlier than us and joined us, so i introduced yixin to her. they clicked really well lo. whahaha.

i was deciding whether i should apply too, then i asked my consultant there. she said can so she gave me a form and i was last in queue for the interview with the representative from starhub. after that my other consultant said i cannot apply because i didnt get the call and i couldnt be included in the queue. like sad lo. but he said he could help me ask if the lady will want to see me. she agreed! so i went inside and had an interview with her.

the interview was ok la, she merely asked what did i do at my previous job, and asked what i knew about i-mode. juling did research before she came and i got to know from her and yixin that i-mode is an internet service (rich content) for 2.5G and 3G phones. so i told the lady this. she added that i can do much more than wap if i use i-mode, cos if you go wap you cannot book tickets online those sort. with i-mode you can book tickets and even choose the seats. i was told that i have to promote this service along with the 2.5G and 3G phones to the public. ok la, im not afraid of talking to strangers.

there will be training sessions on the 17th to 20th. i work 5 days a week, but then i can only have the off days on 2 of the days during monday to thursday. compulsory to work on weekends.

so the 3 of us left to go shopping and waited for the call to tell us that we're in for the job. heh. juling had to go first, and she smsed me later in the afternoon at around 2 that she got the job! yixin and i were at katrina having our lunch and she was quite flustered, afraid that she wont get the job. a while later we got the calls! so we had to sign the contract on monday. so she was happier.

happy happy

a new problem surfaced
it occurred to me that i cannot join mus'art anymore. mus'art is an adult band i've always wanted to join, its conducted by mrs chua, my haising band conductor. moreover its her who asked me to join mus'art after my a levels. now i dunno if i can keep my promise that i will. mus'art practice is on every sunday and due to work i cant go anymore. also, in may, i have to keep my sundays free for this tuba choir. the condition is that you have to be available every sunday of may then you can participate. tuba choirs are quite rare in singapore, i've never heard of them anywhere and aaron already asked me to join, i promised him i'd. how now brown cow? moreover i wanna join the tuba choir too.

the contract for this i-mode job is about 6 months. sigh. i seriously dunno what to do.

shopped as planned
continued shopping with yixin, i tried everywhere and finally decided on this orange top and black skirt and yixin said they're ok on me, but they're not going to be matched together la. just that the more i look at that black skirt the more i think its so not me. whaha.



so i just have to wait till monday when i look at the contract, and ask around on what i should do because the problem is still bugging me.

No comments: