Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Second day of training at StarHub

Today's training session is more fun, it's more hands on to the StarHub services available like Gee! and 3G. Started off about the Gee! part, we went online to explore. We were also given phones to try out and Miguel taught us how to configure our phones for Gee! services online. Heh. Used the Sony Ericsson Z800i or something, it's a 3G phone. Shared with Jenny.

After break or something we were given phones again to try out (by the way the phones and their SIM cards belong to StarHub so the bills don't go to us) and we are allowed to download games and pictures and tones into the phone we were holding on to. I was holding on to this other Sony Ericsson phone, can't remember the model but it is some old models. Shared with Geraldine. Then because my Nokia 6220 phone can only hold polyphonic ring tones, I can only download those type of tones and perhaps send through infra-red into my phone. But due to complications I didn't get those Narnia tones that I wanted. Never mind... So I used the StarHub phone to send pictures to my phone. Heh. Sent 4 pictures.

We also tried Video Streaming, which is you get to watch channels like CNN and some fashion shows etc online! I saw the CNN news through the Sony Ericsson 3G phone which was clearer than the Motorola phone. Miguel also let us experience how it is like to video conference. After the call was connected and you can see each other through the camera we could see each other through the phones when they passed the phone around! Very fun! This 3G technology has not taken off though, due to the cost that we have to pay.

Had the 'Proof of Learning' today. It was fine la, open book one, and I think I got a few questions wrong though I don't know where because we didn't get our papers back. So I passed. And everyone else passed. OK la, no one ever failed before in so many batches.

Met Yi Xin, Joan and Jing Yi for dinner after which JY went home and the remaining three of us went for a haircut. My hairdresser doesn't seem to let me have a new hairdo leh. I mean, the problem is i want to change my fringe some way or the other, but then it is like I still want to tie my hair so that I'll look neater. Sigh. Never mind lo. But I have to think of new hairstyles asap if not I'll just be wasting my money for her haircut.

Shopped a bit, tried on a shirt, but still not quite satisfied though I quite like it. Yi Xin told me about it, she saw it. I'll keep that in mind first, then go shop again with her on Friday. Ya I'm very fussy and I hardly get sizes that fit because I'm too big. So I always take a very long time to find appropriate clothes that I like.

That's it for today, I'm super tired and I really need the energy for tomorrow. It's i-mode training tomorrow, which is very crucial to my job. Hope I can listen properly so I won't be wasting my time!

No comments: