Wednesday, February 01, 2006

A transport 'accident', again

I've already had a lot of wrong directions etc during my transport journeys. It happened again today. Not again! I remembered a few times when I got onto the wrong direction.

A few times I took the East-West Line on the MRT past City Hall where I was alighting and the next thing I knew it was Tanjong Pagar. Sometimes even Outram Park. Happened with friends. Exactly who, can't remember.

Last Christmas Eve, with Yi Xin. That poor thing. Told her we could take the train from Dhoby Ghaut to Marina Bay and to the East. How can? It's the North-South Line, I'll go back to the north. And both of us were at Ang Mo Kio before we knew it when we wanted to go to Tampines. My fault.

Chinese New Year Eve, another eve of big public holidays. Misguided YX that she could take bus no. 31 on the same direction as me when in fact she had to go the other way. I didn't know, that's one thing. The other thing is... Well I actually stopped her from calling her dad to reconfirm and she really could take the same direction as me. Sigh. Sorry.

And today, not an eve of any event whatsoever, I got into another transport 'accident'. Borrowed two books from Sengkang library today and was reading one of it on the bus during the journey home. It had a funny beginning and I happily read it. No no. The atmosphere isn't right. I missed my stop. Argh. Realised that only when I stopped at the next stop, thankfully. Trotted down and walked a short distance home. Haa.

No comments: