Thursday, February 09, 2006

A disappointment

Sometimes when you think about the amount of effort you'd put in for the past years that you hope to rear and culture a new talent, a new hope...you'll get really disappointed by what is happening, and what is going to happen.

I saw Tsz Shan at Century Square after catching a movie today, she wasn't at band sectionals. Then she told me everything, yes, I should let her have her choice la. At first I was envious that the enrolment for my section is good, now, it's not a good thing after all. I don't know what is really going on at MJ band now, but I guess, many of the J1s don't feel like they're in the band or something like that. Things are missing la.

Moreover, TS also never really made a lot of effort to go to the practices promptly. I can't say that she is irresponsible la. But she didn't give the band more chances to show itself. I didn't feel belonged to MJ band last time, when I first started. But as days passed, yes, band can get fun.

Band is not Tsz Shan's passion though. I just feel sad la. Sigh. Like back in Hai Sing, I wasn't worrying about things like that. Though when TS first came I didn't expect her to join band, but since she joined I think I already have certain expectations la. All dashed lo. I'm not going to blame anyone, but I do wonder if things will be better if I'm still around in the section. I heard from Hong Wei that there is only one J1 who went for practice, out of the dunno six or seven or whatever.

I wonder if I should go down for practices all the time, check things, see if the present SL has a character that makes people want to stay. I'm not trying to boast, Kai Yan, but I don't seem to remember that I had such a problem. But of course, it all boils down to the rest of the people too. Not having their own instruments is already a problem and I don't want to keep going down, the section is no longer my responsibility. Back in Hai Sing, juniors who thought they cannot make the mark either chose to quit quick, or you can see them more active in the band as time passed.

My player is playing Utada Hikaru's First Love now. I'm not talking about interpersonal relationships here, but the tuba can be considered my first love, something I found in life that I really treasured. I even want to quit my job for it. I remember loving art and craft when I was in primary school too. But it has been time since I last touched the clay and paint brush.

Sigh. So disappointed. But I also cannot stop TS from making her own choices ma. It's her life lo. I chose my life to be engaged in band, in the tuba, in music. She didn't choose this life. Moreover, I also find myself at fault because I didn't put in enough effort to make my juniors treasure this organisation called band. Things seemed that I failed. Failed horribly.

No comments: