Sunday, May 07, 2006

Singapore Votes 2006

Ah, the results are finally out. Except for the overseas ones though, but quite a small number and I don't think there'll be any drastic differences.

Tampines is still heralded by Mah Bow Tan's team from PAP. I actually heaved a sigh of relief la. 'Cos I'm too narrow-minded. Born to lead a life under PAP and I haven't really got to trust the SDA members in my ward. But next time when it's my turn to vote I guess I'll pay more attention to them.

Overall I was still quite disappointed that the opposition still only hold 2 seats out of 84 in parliament. It's like 82 members in the government are PAP MPs. I thought more opposition will be better, not really to check on the government, but they'll have their own set of thoughts which will influence here and there.

The two opposition members are Chiam See Tong (Potong Pasir) of SDA and Low Thia Kiang (Hougang) of WP. Still OK la, the same winners as GE 2001, though I thought that the two wards are pretty excited and I couldn't wait for the news the next morning if PAP won those seats instead. But actually, I think there are some PAP members which I thought they ought not to win la. Dunno why. Maybe is because I still hope that there'll be more opposition the next round. And that also depends on whether the opposition will make themselves stronger and their quality higher too. I think I'm pretty hard to convince when I see others as die-hard anti-government.

I mean, the government haven't really affected me that great an extent, I'm still living OK, but I guess when I'm in the society I'll be really busy with things to do with the government, i.e. my funds, well-being and all. I'm still rather cooped up at home with my parents, so currently they're my first and foremost gvt. Heh.

Thought that this election will have a very interesting result, but then no kick la. Haha. The campaigning was rather exciting, but I expected more from the results lo. Like no change.

Though I'm feeling lucky that James Gomez's team didn't win the votes. Sort of despise him la. I'm waiting for him to explain in detail about the nomination form thingy. Yes yes, I'm naggy, but I won't want someone like that in parliament if he's not transparent enough lo. There're proof already and the answers that were given were so like, excuses. Distraction. Whatever la.

And I can't believe I actually sat in front of the telly from 10 pm and lazed around till 1 am plus, while updating the newspaper scoresheet for the results so that my dad can catch it too.

You can see the blue numbers that I wrote

No comments: