Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The ride home

When the sky is dark and everyone scurry to the MRT station, we see all kinds of people being themselves.

Sleeping...staring at others, peeping at their neighbour's newspapers, engrossed in their fiction worlds, chatting endlessly with their partners...all sorts of scenes.

As for me, I either read or get annoyed by the greasy and oily handles and poles. I just finished a book, so I went to buy the S$2 TransitLink Guide to entertain me on the way to work. I'll be using it anyway, so never mind.

As a matter of fact, I'm actually irritated yet irritating on public transport.

Why?

I'm not the sort who likes to shove around so that I can get a headstart to the queue on the escalator, or be the first few to move into the train.

Erina is the sort who always get stepped on the foot and being pushed aside by those kiasu aunties no matter her body mass. And I hate it when we had physical contact. So gross. And when they don't push you, they push your bags. FYI, my bag is big. No, it's huge. I'm so irritated.

And so when the smaller-sized aunties push me, well...I purposely block their way and nudge them a bit. I'm irritating. =D

I can't believe it when aunties and ah mms half my size have enough strengths to push me aside. Just to hop on the train. I could've pushed them hard back, but of course, I'm not an immoral meanie.

My name is Erina, you don't see the word meanie there. Heh.

No comments: