Tuesday, May 09, 2006

The Office of the Precocious

A few posts ago I mentioned that I'd be meeting Anusha regarding the business thingy. I did, and the thing is that...I seriously don't like the whole place.

It's situated in the CapitaLand building at Raffles Place, just next to Lau Pa Sat. The whole 'office' is more like a medium-sized function room actually, with smaller rooms housing the executive officers' office and admin staff and such. The rest of the space is...space. There are cafe tables with people in suits explaining the power of their water etc.

I saw Yen Leng (I dunno if I got his name right) there, he was from MJ also, the guy who can sing in my batch. Saw Zi Min in her executive wear, i.e. business suit.

The whole 'office' is just full of people mainly of our age, dressed like full-grown adults and treat each other with too much respect. Miss here and Mr. there, shaking hands all over the place. Can you imagine?

I won't want to stay in a place like that, with people being too precocious - or dryly, fake and wannabes - and I can't stand it if I can't be myself. I cannot go around putting a nice smile on my face and pretending I like everyone there. In fact I don't.

I mean, I envy them for being able to earn big bucks at my age, but if I'm not suitable for something, I won't waste my time for it. Come on lo.

If you're curious, what the people have to do there is to sell the company's products and earn commission. Not only that. Promotion is easy, just close a few deals and you'll be able to be tagged with 'Marketing Executive'. And at that point, you can bring in people, i.e. your friends or something, and when they close a deal, you earn something from there too. It's like your remuneration for training them. I can't earn my keep from friends. Moreover, the clients you get don't just come to you. They're your friends and family, in fact. I don't want to go around selling those things to people I know and I cherish their relationships. Imagine they having to spend a thousand over dollars - for their health, though - because they feel obliged to buy from you.

The company actually sells products like those water purification system, those sort of thing like Diamond water, just that the product has added calcium ions to it. Ca2+ ions. And other properties also lo.

I am just reluctant to let relationships I have evolve into business deals, people I know and I love become my business clients. Though if I work hard on this, I'll earn big bucks. Pull in friends who can sell too and woah imagine the amounts that I'll earn even if I don't work.

But how can you be earning from your friends?

I just think this whole idea is pretty immoral..unless those people whom are under me are people I just knew and I won't feel the guilt lo. Otherwise I'll hate to be such a person.

Oh please don't let any of the names mentioned here know about this post.

No comments: