Friday, May 19, 2006

The Concert

Ah...that was the end of Joie De Vivre II!

Hong Wei told me to reach earlier, the bus would leave at 1220 hrs. But being Erina, I wasn't late, I was rather on the dot.

Dragged two textbooks - Economics by John Sloman and Chemistry by Ramsden - to school to pass down to Hong Wei and Jie Ying respectively. They were freaking heavy!

Took the bus to Victoria Concert Hall with the band and of course, I was snapping away.

Jerome and Samuel
Candice, Kimberly and Kai Yan (the extra =Þ)
Felix and me
See the Swissotel? The Raffles City building or something. We're reaching!

Sat at the circle for the rehearsal and saw them through. I think they were not bad la, just that some important parts were covered and hence not obvious enough. Solos and solis included.

Setting up the stage
More or less settled


That's the tuba section of the main band
Doing their own stuff
Pei Ling and me
With Ju Ling. She made cookies for a lot of people! Heh
Rehearsing when Ms Sia arrived

Oh ya. And sometimes when I haven't finished talking people already turned away. Did I talk too much or was I too unimportant? This happened a lot of times today.

Then I received this weird SMS. 'Hi, appt at bk 436 clementi ave 7.30 pm tonite is cfmd. Pls look for Flo, 97832717 n mention Dawn sent u. I'll try to come but dont worry, Flo is nice. dawn' O_O So I replied that this Dawn sent the SMS to the wrong person. Obviously. Then she called back and said she's looking for this lady named Erina (sounds like only, could be emina or whatsoever). Uh well I was saying I don't know about any flat viewing all that so fine and we hung up.

Felt unsafe and called back. Then she asked if I have this brother named Eddie she said he asked 'me' to go view his flat too. And it's like so coincidental? With a number close to mine and a name close to mine. I was wondering if it's really me. But how did she get my number and name? Crazy.

Anyway.

Took pictures that were quite nice at the circle.

Was excited about the concert, just that it's rather saddening when you're ageing and miss out on the fun (and stress) of preparing for a concert as a whole, not just play a few pieces.

I was at the circle seats for the first half of the concert and I thought they sounded not bad.

Pardon the unglam stuff ya
The Section
The Band

Lower brasses are the point of this picture but the trombones were too long
The Alumni settling down
Whatever, I didn't take this photo
That's me and Felix
Joel conducting us and the main band members in the audience

That's the tuba section!
From left: Felix, me, Kai Yan, Kimberly, Jerome, Candice, Samuel
Samuel is a bit too tall for us
Kai Yan and me
Candice, me and Kimberly
Us with Ms Sia and Cliff of Stringbass
Ms Sia and me
With Wang Quan and the skyscrapers
Wang Quan and Joel
The Trombone section
The Band during the concert

Things were rather badly organised in the case of the alumni band. I didn't even know what time we should go on stage. I was looking for my Hai Sing juniors and met up with my pals when I saw the alumni already on stage except for Felix and I. Haha. I rushed up and had no choice but to bring my handphone up on stage. T_T

After the concert with Yi Xin
With Cedric and Daniel
You know it when some people bu shuang
With Xue Li and Jing Yi. Forgot to take the $1 from JY =P
Xue Li, me and Ms Sia
Kimberly, me and Candice. A lot of people said Kimberly and I look alike. What do you think?
With Geraldine
Yu Han, me and Mui Yi
With Sock Ling
Fabian
The Section once more
With Yi Jun

After the concert the Section (except Samuel) went for tau huay at 永和 in Geylang Lorong 13. The tau huay damm nice la! Love it! The you char kway was too oily though.


The gerbera from Elroy

And that's the end of the day.

=) Happy ending.

Now, for the National Band Competition.

No comments: