Sunday, May 21, 2006

A practice turned bad and better again

Went to Mus'art today.

The pieces, to me, were still quite tricky. Rhythm-wise I don't have too much of a problem, but the problem lies with my brain and fingers. Couldn't play running notes and press the correct valves and pitch the correct notes. Depended a lot on Yin Xuan and James since they're the much better ones. I'm too soft and it's been long since I last trained my breath capacity. Died after only one note.

During the break, James went home, leaving me and Yin Xuan.

Never mind, since he's around I don't really have to be afraid.

An hour before practice ended, Yin Xuan had to leave.

(I'm now typing and this creepy ah-mm is staring at me and talking to me from the windows of my house. And she always like that one looking into your house and talk to you. She scared everyone in the house for peeking in a bit too obviously.)

Oh my god! Left me la! I was damm scared. Didn't have the breath to hold long notes and didn't have enough practice. T_T That's the bad part.

We played Xenia Sarda once through and recorded. When we finished playing, Mrs Chua said that she needed to practice with the other two tuba players cos the band sounded right without them.

Phew.That's the better part.

Of course is she can't really hear me la...but then again, me myself can't support the whole band full of mature players. But at least I didn't add any problems to the piece la. Heaved a huge sigh of relief. Haha.

Half way through playing I saw from the corner of my eye that an ant was crawling on my shoulder. Shocked the hell out of me. Must have climbed onto me when I was leaning against the pillar during break.

I've not rest in any way for the past week, always out for the whole day. Ah. There's work tomorrow. Sigh.

No comments: