Saturday, April 08, 2006

Slightly back on track

Due to the fact that I slept late....I overslept and was an hour plus late for the HSCAB practice. But still went on well la. First time I attended the practice till dismissal lo. Haha.

Then went for lunch with my section and also others till it was time for me to go for MJ main band practice. Took the CC Tuba fingering chart from Aaron and printed it out already...then passed to Kai Yan lo. Sat around and listened to them for their practice. So envious. I find that the pieces for this concert is very challenging and nice also lo..like every song also got its trait, and something that I like about. Probably because these pieces for Joie De Vivre II are focused on musicals and movies..then very nice, enjoyable and interesting. Not that the rest of the overtures etc are not la, but there are pieces that I didn't really like when I used to play in MJ concerts. Lucky juniors! Band practices for them more challenging then they can improve more la.

After practice I tried the new tubas and felt odd. Aren't used to holding them. I'll try using the 993 for alumni though, hope Felix doesn't mind! But I still want to use 7094...so far my favourite tuba to use. Then I asked the stringbass player to give me a crash course on playing the stringbass...but the crash course was like, ten minutes? Had to rush off for a funeral that I wasn't needed there. Still quite pissed.

In the meantime, thought I ought to publicise the concert a bit. Though you can't get tickets from me because I don't have any.

Meridian Junior College Symphonic Band presents
Joie De Vivre II
19 May 2006, Friday
1930 hrs
Victoria Concert Hall
$10, Free Seating
...and there's alumni!


Hope I didn't provide any wrong or insufficient information.

I think I'm becoming to be a very very spoilt brat even in front of my friends. Die. Like can see Felix and Kai Yan quite irritated just now. Dunno if they were la, I just...just happened to want things to be done in my way. Equals brat. I think I've been spoilt by them since we got closer together lo. Sorry. =P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well.. I wasn't.. Stop thinking so much, as friends[Yes FRIENDS] We should accept each others flaws too!

erina said...

Well true..I accept ALL of your flaws, sista! =Þ