Monday, April 10, 2006

Sex

Sex. It used to be an extremely censored issue when we were in school. When we had sex education, boys and girls just giggle and turn red. And sex was a funny issue.

But as we grow older, it became something that is imbibed in almost all men. Serious. Began to know guys who, as an individual, think about unhealthy thoughts. And then it scares me.

Read in the papers that the average age of people having pre-marital sex is getting lower. The papers can interview and youngsters just admit that they have sex weekly at their partner's place since the age of 15 or whatsoever...there was this girl from a reputated junior college who scored I think 5 distinctions in her recent A levels. She said something like throughout her JC life she went to her boyfriend's place to have sex every Saturday. Scary huh.

This made me wonder if I'm either too conservative or lagging or not 'in'. I mean, this is not a fashion issue, but the thing is that I still have the traditional thought of only sex after marriage. It can also be the fact that the people around me are not that open, but I really get grossed out when I found out that this schoolmate or that ex-schoolmate had sex with his or her companion and blah blah blah, all sorts of gossips and rumours. Eew.

Read in the previous Sunday's The Sunday Times that there was once in a supermarket, this man had his handphone upside down in his shopping basket and he got oddly near a female who was wearing a skirt, and the basket was tilted to an awkward angle. So it was realised that that guy was actually filming under the woman's skirt la. See, so disgusting. Thank the guy up there that he was caught.

I guess this tells quite a lot about what guys think, not exactly as girls never think la, but then those Martians have a greater tendency to think about such topics and '自-high'. I know that my sort of partner thinks of such things also..but of course, I can protect myself but then I just get the grossed out feelings whenever I know about such things to people around me. Chatting with a friend online, she also has the same experience with her boyfriend. I mean, I didn't know that guys can get so similar.

But I don't remember my ex being such a person though. And this, at least, made me appreciate him more lo. Sigh.

Guys. Why do you all get so excited about such things? I mean, why is it a man's nature?

No comments: