Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Exchange at Hai Sing

There was an exchange with students from Sacred Heart College in Australia at Hai Sing this afternoon. It was rather an eye-opener, and the performances brought by the Australians were enjoyable.

HSCband started playing Bandology as the Australians entered into the band room, and played a soundtrack from Howl's Moving Castle as well as Highlights from Shrek 2. I must say their performance was not bad already la, judging from the fact that they are a mixture of Sec 2s and 3s. No excuses, but nevertheless, the Australians were good. Haha. Felt a tinge of embarassment when I heard them, yet their music director were still saying that HSCband was good, he was listening to their phrasing and it was good, and even said 'Good work!' to Mrs Chua. (-_-") Haha.

This is HSCband playing while the SHC students were walking in

That's Mrs Chua
The SHC people. There's a Japanese there if you notice
SHC playing

The SHC band is made up of a concert band, as well as a jazz band. So after the concert band played a medley, the jazz band played a Stevie Wonder number, and after some speech they went up to the Hall for the chorale performance.

Those people standing up are the jazz band, as well as the saxophone players in the first and second row
There there. I must say the trombone girl has got not much confidence

Well, other than members of the jazz band are actually members of the concert band, some of the concert band members are part of the singing chorale too. They seem to be able to do everything! Which is good, because I see them having many skills. Like me, I only know how to play the tuba but can't sing. Can't even do sports properly. Haha. I think some of the members belong to the volleyball team too. By the way, they are 14 to 17 years of age.

The chorale

There was this guy, he's quite cute I must say. Like when he sings all that, I bet many of the girls on the floor were mesmerised. Haha. The chorale sang Oh Happy Day and after that they dispersed to leave only the guys on stage. Then there were some acapella, and they danced, did some actions, they were very very cute! Haha. But what caught my ear was this bass guy. His voice and tone is very nice! And he's quite cute. Haha.

That's the cute guy. Pardon the 2 megapixel camera
There the boys. The bass guy is on the most left

This is the SHC tuba player
There the bass guy. Cute right? Heh heh heh
That's the cute guy that all the girls were mad about. Other than the Japanese

Heh Yi Xin was still very shy to go take photos lo! Irritating. Haha. Bet she'll regret if she doesn't. But it was too glaring at the back, Yi Xin and I were cursing about it. Haha.

After sending the Australians off I went to MJ supposedly for sectionals but by the time I reached there I might as well go home in the first place. Haha. They were making announcements when I reached.

After dismissal, the band president, Yi Jun, came to me and asked me 'Erina, are you putting on weight or is it because you were wearing white?'

And my world came tumbling down.

T_T Please, please, please. Let it be the fact that I was wearing white and wore a double layer can? Hate to admit this fact though I know it's true. It's a fact, like I said.

Erina! Carry your butt and find work can? Your lards are coming back!

And when I was washing the dishes, this guy pressed the doorbell. I was directly in his view, and he seemed to be a Chinese national due to his slang. He was like, ‘对不起,太太。’

I glared at him. Then my dad came out.

‘啊,对不起,打扰了,先生。’

I almost wanted to shout ‘你刚刚叫我什么??’ and kill the guy. He was here to so-called 宣传 something to do with the recent diseases like the avian flu and HFMD. Dunno la.


Blah blah, blah blah blah...

‘你的太太呢?’

‘哦,她在睡觉。’

And he gave an exclaimation that implied that isn't she just behind you?

But ya, he shut up and went off. He'd better. Stay for a minute more and you won't be able to go next door. Haha. Just kidding. At least this may be better than thinking that I'm a maid of the house.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Excellent post man.Love the photos.Keep up the good wor!

Anonymous said...

HA! Nice photos. Good exchange

-Bass Player Dude From Sacred Heart