Monday, April 24, 2006

Packed day

Foresight: I'll have a busy week.

And I did.

Woke up in the morning and my mum came to me and said that she collected the photos that we took in Melbourne last December. Yea, we finally went to develop the photos, but I wasn't there when they were choosing the photos and I was rather pissed with the pictures they developed and those that they didn't.

And there were over 240 photos, and they were all jumbled up and not in order. So I had to look at the photos and decide when the photos were taken and slot into the album accordingly. I took the whole afternoon, until about 3 pm to complete the whole thing. Wasn't that happy to help them do la, since I'm not the develop photos type and it took up my time when I can blog and post photos of the past two days.

The job agent from Recruit Express called and told me about this job as exhibition assistant at the Singapore Expo (see I'm going there again) and I agreed lo. The pay is only $6, but since for a few days only, I didn't mind. She confirmed everything with me at 4 pm and told me I have to be at the Expo for this interview at 5 pm. Crazy. It was raining heavily also, so I took a cab down. And I got put make-up, heng ah. Haha.

Went there and waited for like, half an hour for the girl from this agency Flex Integrated to bring me to meet the people I'm going to work for, the company's Koma, from Holland.

Flex Integrated is a company where it helps other organisations to set up exhibition and buy whatever is needed. So it helped Koma buy some cutlery from Ikea and get the drinks and rent those furniture all that.

Koma is a company from Holland which manufactures cooling and freezing systems for bakeries, hotels, food industries and the like. No domestic fridges involved. Then they're going to open an office in Singapore by end December, and to get more clients from this exhibition.

The whole Expo thing is called Food and Hotel Asia 2006 and it spans from Hall 1 to 6. The halls are connected and it's a huge event, with companies all over the world coming to set up booths to advertise themselves.

After the interview, my managers who are from Holland, introduced me to their products and I had a so-called brief training. There were two other girls already. And they explained to me why they got me at the last minute, because it's like the lounge I'm going to work at was an accident. It was actually walled-up and used as a meeting room, and so it'll block the view of the Koma exhibit from the visitors and my managers weren't too happy about it. So it's either they get their exhibit at a cheaper price or do something about it. And so they got that 'plot of land' and of course needed someone to look after that place. That's how I got there.

And they asked if I have any business suits those sort of thing, because I have to wear formal. (-_-") The best I have are only button front blouses and pants.

So I went home first to put my stuff and have dinner and go to Tampines Mall to find a suitable jacket, at least.

When I reached home I saw my dad rearranging the photos that I painstakingly tidied up in the afternoon. Pissed. Had dinner then went out to meet Yi Xin le.

Searched around the whole Tampines Mall and Century Square, went into almost all the department stalls possible. Either too expensive, not my size (I'm very big yea) or don't have the colour that I want. And finally saw one nice looking dark-brown one at this C.O.A.X. in CS which cost only $24 instead of the $120+ you find at Mango or Esprit, or the $150+ at G2000.

So happily went home with my jacket and got ready for work the next morning.

Signed May 1, 2006. Monday. 0017 hrs.

No comments: