Thursday, April 13, 2006

Age is creeping onto me

Don't worry la, I'm not going to fuss over the wrinkled skin or aching limbs.

Went to Hai Sing for band practice today, the Sec 1s were having practice too. Only one tuba Sec 1 came since the other two are out of school to support some volleyball match. That boy didn't get the F note at all, then Mrs Chua was like, 'Yes all of you got the note except for tuba.' I was like. Oops. Haha. First time I met the Sec 1s and it has been soooooo long since I was responsible for a Sec 1's tuba playing progress. And so Mrs Chua asked me to bring him out and give him some practice. Told Wei Jie that it has been eons since I last taught a Sec 1. Like fundamentals...I think I don't have good foundation already, and I don't remember how I was taught. Then how to teach? Got slightly pressurised la.

Got to know that the boy's name is Irsyad. Nice name eh? The tuba Sec 1s this year have got very special names. There is this Inez, and Bei Xi (pronounced the same as 北西 as I was told) whom I have never met before. So weird. But doesn't matter. Spent about an hour with Irsyad and *proud* I think he has improved a lot! Thanks to me! And of course his never-give-up attitude. Really leh. He is very hardworking. Give him break he don't want lo. See? Good example man. Haha. But can confirm next practice he will not be able to catch most of the notes...never mind! At least he can recall a bit the feel of the notes!

You see, last time when I was still in Hai Sing, Secondary 1 juniors are only a few years younger than me, I can even afford to see them in school. Now...the new batch is like a whole six years younger than me! And four years later, the Sec 1s will be 10 years younger...Oh my. I'm so old. *hunches*

Oh by the way, I need to mention this. HSCband is in a mess! Other than playing wise, their time management also needs a lot of supervision and good planning. Today is the Thursday the 13th. Hai Sing's Speech Day is on the 21st which is next Friday. Which is the last day of their band practice before they go for study break for the mid-year exams which end on the 19th. And they have a performance in Sentosa on the 20th. How are they going to do it? They already don't have enough practice for the Speech Day, much to say the Sentosa performance. And next Wednesday there is this Australian band, but we cannot confirm what sort of band they are, and so there will be an exchange. How to find time to practice?

Aiyo.

See. So aunty.

No comments: