Sunday, April 09, 2006

清明节

It is the Qing Ming Festival (清明节) where the Chinese visit the tombs of their ancestors and pray, give offerings and clear the graves up a bit. (also 扫墓, literally grave sweeping in English, do correct me)

Went to mainly the West and North areas of Singapore to do those today. Visited the graves of my maternal great-grandparents and grandparents. It's actually the first time I went, as for the past years I've been caught up with schoolwork or something cropped up so I couldn't go. Felt odd la. When we went the MacRitchie area I thought I was hiking in sandals. Really.

Anyway, it was rather tiring and caused me to miss the repeat of American Idol 5. Very sad! I want to watch lo, found out that Mandisa was kicked out...she's good leh...I really wanna know what went wrong with her performance. She was never in the bottom three until this week. Very very sad....I wanna watch...Why won't that Paris Bennett just leave? I think she has got a rather fake personality in fact. I don't deny that she can sing very well, but character-wise, she's a no-no for me.

Need to really go intensive in job search now...it's been a week! Pray for me that Erina will 顺顺利利 find a job!

No comments: