Saturday, April 08, 2006

An absent-minded idiot

Was preparing all day to go get a new phone that I've been planning to get all these while. So I got my parents and Yi Xin to go to the latter's ex-shop to get my phone. But because the stock wasn't there yet, I shopped around with my parents and then I realised that I forgot to bring the upgrade voucher. So, a wasted trip. Irritated with myself and waste so much of others' time.

Rushed to MJ for the combined band practice. My conductor asked me to go over so that I can have the chance to chit-chat with her too. The new tubas came, a Besson 993 series BBb tuba and a Conn CC tuba (which I don't know the exact serial number for the model). The rest of the tubas are either 794, 994 or 7094 series and are in the BBb key. 794, 994 and 7094 have piston valves upright whereas the Conn and 993 have them on the front. Take a look.

This is the BE 794
BE 994
BE 7094
BE 993
Conn

Because the CC tuba is in a different key as the rest, fingerings are therefore different. New fingerings to be learnt! Quite confusing for a retarded person like me. Will need loads and loads of practice. But I learn liao also won't really get to use much of it...sigh. Heh. New things ma, I wanna learn.

After practice I joined in to 'scare' the juniors when they were blindfolded to their bunks (actually I merely tickled or hit them using the mallet sticks) and hopped on to my conductor's car for supper at Bedok with the alumni who attended the practice. So long never chat with Ms Sia already, just chat and gossip also fun lo. Haha. Reached home at nearly 2am. Heh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I decided to post on this blog as a way to keep my friends informed of whats going on with quick payday . It is more like a journal of my life that I'm happy to share.