Saturday, March 11, 2006

Work

I'm sick and tired of this job.

Hate to see the customers demanding this and that when common sense and reading and DIY will do.

There was this customer who is a student of one of the universities in Singapore taking brochures of three models of mobile phones and placing and spreading them ON TOP of the phones display and then asked me to explain to her and her brother (or boyfriend) the differences between the three models. Can't you read? She was very snobbish also. Hyper attitude problem! Hate this sort of customers who throw their weight around.

And then there was this customer who wanted to check if he had any outstanding bills. OK, my shop doesn't have the system to help him check and I explained to him and asked him to call the customer service hotline. And after wait for only about a minute plus (it doesn't seem to be a long wait with his "gorgeous" girlfriend) he was like, 'Are there any other ways that I can get to the customer service officer directly without waiting? They're taking awfully long to answer!' I saw the time meter on the phone it was showing 01:26, or a minute and 26 seconds. How long was it? You think the officers standby for you only? Moreover you were calling at peak hour! Wah piang. So I replied 'Calling the hotline is the only and most direct line you can call.' Think he got priority that he can get to the officers ah? Go knock at their doors lo! So irritated! And so I called for him la! Waited as long also what. Just wait a while longer why so impatient? Not as if you're in a rush. Then the girlfriend was like, 'They (i.e. the people at the shop) cannot check for us meh?' She spoke in Mandarin so I told her that we don't have the system to find out for them. And it's like, 'Oh I thought you were Malay!' I just gave an obliging smile. Really obliging. Too tired of them to heed her. It's like when the guy first asked I already told the BOTH of them that we can't check. What was she thinking when I said those? Traumatised by the way I look? Ya I am too gorgeous (note without the inverted commas haha). OK la OK la shall stop crapping.

Hey. It's been loooooooong since I crapped like crazy. Miss those days. I no longer get to crap in the shop lo. Don't even have a friendly relationship with the people at my shop. My supervisor can't be bothered about me, and this other colleague just follow what she does when she's around and get big headed when she's not around, thinking that he's in-charge. Anyway, it's those colleagues who got sent here once in a while that I'm closer to and can just chat and have dinner with them. Those permanently at the shop treats me like a screen protector. So clear and you don't even know that it's there on the LCD of your phone. Costs $10 if you get it with a mobile phone and $12 if you just buy ala carte. I blend well with the surroundings that I fit in TOO well. But at least I know that the colleagues who come in once in a while can see me.

Really loathe this job. Handed in my resignation only to be told that I can only stop working by end of April. About two more months to suffer.

Hong Wei and Yu Han came to visit today. Thank you!

Listening to Josh Groban. He makes me feel better. A lot of emotions into his singing, really. But I am very irritated by the speaker. It's making grumbling noises as JG sings.

No comments: