Friday, March 03, 2006

Terrible

I just don't know why I'm so stupid la. But I don't deny that I missed that someone. But I also didn't want such things to happen to me. What a terrible and terrifying morning.

Recovered from what I got for my results, though still will sulk about it. Haha.

And went to work.

It is the first time I met such a customer, so demanding and kept accusing and challenging us.

This customer is deaf and mute, implied that he had financial problems, which I think probably is true. One thing I want to make clear is that, I am sensitive to the disabled, but I am just amazed as to why there are people (abled or disabled) who can't think logically! Dear people, when you all want to sign up for StarHub MaxOnline (i.e. BroadBand) you have to tell the frontline sales staff if you can see the StarHub Cable preview channel, which is crucial, so that we can help you activate your TV point so you can enjoy Digital Cable as well as MaxOnline!

And so the customer told us that he could see the preview. So activation is not needed. In the end he came back and said that he cannot see, so must call 1633 to ask for a technician to activate. The customer insisted that he wants the technician to come down on a specific date and not any other time. But as you people know such schedules cannot change by your own will one what! And I spent over an hour trying to convey what the customer wanted on 1633! And was like telling the officer that things aren't his fault, it's the customer who can't really think well. The latter kept challenging the officer and kept telling me to tell the officer that he'll complain to 'his big boss' about him, lousy service. Whatever lo. I find that it's not the officer's fault, really. When you can't get a slot then there's nothing you can do, I find that the officer and his supervisor already trying means and ways to help him get the slot he wants. When told that there are no available slots on Saturday he was like, he don't believe because StarHub employs a lot of people. I had to take a really deep breath before I scribbled down the officer's reply. I can't possibly flare up since I'm only a middleman. The customer kept saying things like he can't wait till when and when to subscribe, or he won't want to take leave from his company. Because he finds that it is a waste of time for him to stay at home the whole day on Monday (there are empty slots on that day) and he wants to work to earn money. And if he takes leave on that day and his manager gets unhappy he's doomed. That's really what he wrote down. I seriously have nothing to say.

Other than the timeslot thing, he also insisted on having the activation fees waived off. I heard that he already wanted some other fees to be waived off, my colleague got so mad that he had to tell the customer that this is not a charity organisation. And I agree.

So unreasonable.

It's not that I'm not sensitive to their needs, but there are limitations! It's not as if there can be priority for them for every single thing! I know this is very bad to be talking like this, but no matter how you are born as, whether rich or poor, good-looking or ugly, healthy or weak, abled or disabled, blah blah or blah blah, you must still be reasonable! This gives me a thought. Do the disabled get pampered because people tend to be too sensitive to their needs and they always get what they want and hence always want to get what they want? Beats me. It's time for me to do some reflection. And you too, if you like.

No comments: