Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Stressed - by work


I really wanna quit this job...should be calling the nice lady in-charge of the StarHub i-mode promoters...I'm really unhappy..getting unhappier. I wanna let it all out. I wanna cry, I wanna kick things around, I wanna throw tantrums, I wanna shout...but I can't. Dunno why. Listening to Josh Groban now.

My supervisor approached me today at the shop...talked to me about my responsibilities. That totally spoiled my day...she said something like...she had to be frank with me, though she doesn't want to...whether I like her or not, I'm the i-mode promoter, she's glad that there's one more person to help her, she's appreciative of my effort...but the bosses emphasised them to push the i-mode phones...moreover they lost a phone in the shop. While they were racking their brains about it I wondered if they ever thought of me as a suspect. Well, obviously they did. She said I'm not an internal staff, though I'm not an outsider either, but I'm still not allowed to step behind the counter...so now I have very limited space...she said that she knows my job can get sian, she understands, if I'm tired I can sit at the back of the shop...anything I'm unhappy with I can voice out...This whole thing is now like a warning...I dunno what made her thinks I don't like her, it's not that I don't like her, it's more of that...I'm afraid of her. But I think she dislikes me la. Whatever it is...after today I really feel like calling it quits. Really. Sick of everything at the shop..whenever she's around the atmosphere always very tense. As in for me la. Why must she be the in-charge of the shop...if it's someone else I reckon my life would be better at the shop and I'll be able to press on this job for another month...but now I think I can't. I need and want to quit. Like Sam said, I don't earn a single cent more by helping them, so just ignore them lo. True...I can also get myself out of trouble at the same time...

What are the reasons that I can give? How can I really persuade and convince them to let me quit? I know for one thing is that I cannot take the working hours...eat up my whole day...and I don't have proper time to share with my family as well as friends...don't have time to pursue my passion - the tuba...I'd like to be around at practices for my secondary school..coach them well...and go back to MJ once in a while. Who can give me comfort now? I don't know how to put it across to tell you all how I feel...我觉得我的心好闷...

While at the shop customers repeatedly thought I'm Malay...this Chinese uncle waved to me and gestured for me to go over...and he spoke quite softly and I had to stretch over and listen hard and I still couldn't understand a word he was saying. Because he was speaking in Malay. And I was like, 'I'm Chinese' so he OHHH and spoke to me in Mandarin. Another customer could only spoke Chinese so when she saw me she backed away and waited for my colleagues who were busy. Fine. Was speaking to a customer in English and chatted until I suddenly spoke to him in Mandarin. I was looking at the phone instead of me but I could see his expression when I was yakking in Mandarin. He was in a state of shock and came back to his senses only a while later. What's so surprising? How come I don't feel like I'm myself all of a sudden? What if one day I enter a country with serious racial discrimination and they thought I'm the discriminated race and they kill me? I'm not being rude or offensive, really apologise if I offend anyone of you. But I'm just so full of sorrow now. I don't feel like I'm Erina.

读了《三十拉警报》至今,有许多的感触。在巴士上读的时候,总是想好好的哭一会儿。但是在又陌生,又冷酷无情的车上,我哭不出来。了解了些人物的心情,让我回想到从前,好像我自己也刚刚和我爱的人分开...好恐怖...为什么我又好像变得越来越笨? 不知道是不是我想太多, 以前的我,聪明伶俐多了...现在...我的命, 好辛苦
。也不知道是不是我不想再受伤, 不敢再爱多一回。眼前的机会, 我只好放开...

No comments: