Thursday, May 31, 2007

Went out today

While Daniel and company were cycling at Pulau Ubin today, I went to the temple. I was rather worried about them partly because a local DJ fell pretty badly recently.

I heard some music coming from the main hall of the temple, I went to 万佛林 today. What I thought was CD-played music turned out to be a live band. Whahaha. The live band had a keyboardist, strings and woodwinds. What I meant is, monks were the musicians, they were on the keyboard, erhu, dizi and suona. And it was live music! Haha. They were positioned at a corner of the hall and the point of the keyboard was to provide the bass line. They played the same parts, and they amazing thing was that they were playing contemporary songs. Like those popular Chinese songs in the 90s.

There was a parrot there who enjoyed my brother's company.




If you notice the latest picture, the bird almost had its eyes closed. I guess it was really comfortable.

After the visit to the temple, I went back home, watched a bit of the telly and came out again to meet MJCSB people.

Ate at Ajisen, hey I quite like what I ordered today - Crayfish Ramen. Nice leh. Sweet and mild spicyness, and the crayfish was rather fresh. Just that I don't really like the preserved vegetables in the ramen.

Felix had wanted to meet at noon so that we could happily talk more. So we decided to meet at 1pm, and Felix reached at 2pm. Thanks.

And Jie Ying found that her life was a bit too long so she decided to irritate me today -_-

After eating we went around Tampines Mall and Century Square to jalan-jalan. I've decided to act cute and buy the personalised stickers with the Lion King prints. So I think I'm gonna get them tomorrow. Though I dunno what use I have for them. Whahaha. $5 for 120 stickers, expensive, but personalised and they're printed with The Lion King characters!

We also had fun at Toys 'R' Us. I saw the newest Monopoly set. Damn modern. But it costs a bloody 69 bucks.

The best place in the toy store - Animal Alley. Other than the occasional lion plushies, we get to have fun there too. I saw some rabbit ears and... ...

Felix is a model in Playboy
And he rides a horse
An attempt to contaminate Felix's phone

Saw a lion there and its price tag was already orange, but I still think that it is not worth a buy. I should go get the bigger lion at Toys 'R' Us VivoCity.

Hong Wei had to go back as he had to book in, so we all followed him to Pasir Ris and went shopping there. Saw damn cute lions laaaa! Today was like lion-hunting.

This lion's tail could be squished to make those squeaky noise. I think it's verrryyy cute
An adorable one

Today is Lion Day for me because my sister video called me this afternoon and showed me a lion that she saw in Bugis and she asked if I wanted and it's damn cute. Hahhaa. Buy one get one free, so she got one animal for herself and she got one for me toooooooooooo! Yeay! Lion No. 38 is coming!! Though I'm not sure if I left out any lions. Ha, too many already.

OK, enough of this lion frenzy.

No comments: