Sunday, May 13, 2007

Movies-not-so-marathon

I watched three movies yesterday, not at a go though. I watched The Queen in the morning, followed by half of The Sound Of Music, then in the evening I watched 200 Pounds Beauty, and at night I watched the rest of The Sound Of Music with my mum who started first.

Must-watch: The Queen and The Sound Of Music.

Warning! There may be spoilers in the following. So don't read if you don't wanna know.

The Queen: It's nice! Very political, and gave me more insights into the operations of the Royal family and Blair after the death of Princess Diana. Though I don't know if it's true. Haha. I didn't know that the Queen disliked Princess Diana. Oh and I recognised the actor acting as the Queen's husband was the farmer in the movie Babe. Ah, I miss that adorable show. Anyway, at that time Blair was elected Prime Minister (his wife is quite a bitch in the show) and right now Blair is going to step down within a year. Haha. And the actor for Blair looks like Blair. Scary. Muaha. And Prince Charles was quite a prick and pussy. There was mention of Camilla Parker Bowles. But The Queen is quite a short movie..like approximately 1.5 hours only. Watch this only if you're interested.

200 Pound Beauty: Kind of regretted watching the show -_- because...I don't really like shows that are quite superficial. I saw the trailer and was interested because it looked cute, but the movie was rather not well done. It's humourous and there was inclusion of relationships like
love, friends, and a father-daughter relationship. I like the last two best.

The Sound Of Music: It is a tiring show to watch if you're tired and do not want to sit for 3 hours in a row in front of the telly. Yea the show is 3 hours. I rented the show because I thought it is an oh-so-pure show meant for kids, so the show will just be about beautiful singing. I didn't want to watch any shows that has got man-woman love and all. Well I should've checked. The musical contained relationships and ended with a dark note. =\ The first 2.5 hours were beautiful, you see smiles almost all the time, there were baddies of course, but they were rather harmless like what you see in cartoons. And then bloody Hitler and his Nazis had to come in and make the entire movie scary and thrilling. And that stupid Ralph! Argh! An example of those young boys who make promises they can't keep to girls. Disgusting. I think the Germany intrusion of Austria in the show was really quite scary.

No comments: