Monday, May 14, 2007

Compassion among other things

I'm now at the 10th episode of 1 Litre of Tears. Maybe I have been expecting too much, and heard too much of Aya's condition that I didn't cry inconsolarably while watching the show. I look at scenes which I thought I'll usually cry but I merely stared at the screen.

I feel an ache though. I don't know if it's due to my recent troubles or it's because of sympathy towards Aya.

I think I ought to read the book instead. 'Cos I look at the characters in the show, they seem too surreal. The show is fictitious and based on the life story of Aya but I felt that the show should be made real enough. Ah well, maybe I just lack compassion and sympathy and awe for her courage and strength to live on.

In fact in the entire show, I look forward to the end when you can see pictures of Aya when she was alive. And I just take the show as it is, tear when the part really made me wanna tear.

Perhaps I've been watching too many weepy shows lately, that's why.

Verdict so far: Two pieces of tissue.

~~~~~

Anyway, I went to the agency to sign the contract and tralala I'm starting work in 8.5 hours. It's an admin asst job at UPS. (Only) $6/hr. So I gotta find ways to earn more if not I'll really face a crisis. The contract is till the 29th of May but extendable depending on my performance. Oh well, if you see my contract being terminated after two weeks, you'll know how my work attitude is like. I somehow pray that I'll not get terminated 'cos it's so hard to get a job, and I still pray that I'll get terminated so that I'm able to get a better-paid job.

Work is till 6pm, and I'll surely be late for band, considering the peak-hour journeys. Ought to ask if I can get off earlier on Thursdays.

Gotta wake up at 0615 T_T

~~~~~

Bought the Korean serial 'Be Strong! Geum-Soon' for my mother for Mums' Day. Shared with my brother of course. But I don't know how to ask him to pay up =P It cost a bomb. $79.20 for the entire set. I decided to buy because my mum seems to like the show a lot. She only watched a few episodes and stalked all the advertisements of the show on Ch U and she could already give me a brief synopsis of the drama. -_- And she even told my sister about it, so I just went ahead to buy it. And I wrapped it up. Muaha.

When my mum first saw it, she thought I bought essence of chicken for her -_-


And she opened the present and when she saw the DVD she was like 'Aiya!!! Don't waste money!!!' Then my brother said 'She's blushing. Means she likes it.'

No comments: