Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Post-exams frenzy

To begin with, it wasn't that much of a frenzy, I just had a lot of things to do everyday that I can't seem to have time to sit down and enjoy something. Haha. And someone please please please offer me a job! I seriously need a well-paying one. Costs for the Italy trip are mounting.

Last day of exams, 03052007, Thursday
When exams ended, all I wanted to do was to nua somewhere. And so I nua-ed in E402 and watched the Devil Wears Prada, like I previously blogged. First movie of the summer holidays.

After that I went out to VivoCity for a nice shopping trip, but turned out there wasn't anything that was worth buying! So sad la, I was hoping for new clothes. I'm tired of my wardrobe and I keep wearing the same thing over and over. They don't last more than a day in the cupboard after washing before I take them out to wear again. I need new clothes! And I'm afraid I'll run out of stuff to wear when I go overseas. I didn't try anything at Zara/Topshop/Forever 21/...but I tried some bottom at Pull And Bear.....I just couldn't fit into it. =C

Left boring-and-overrated VivoCity to Plaza Singapura. Tried a top and a dress at Dorothy Perkins and hey I like both, but the dress was a bright pink and it costs nearly $70. Something I couldn't afford, so I had to let it go. The top costs as much and it just isn't worth buying them. So I didn't buy any clothes for the whole of the day.

Walked around Spotlight and bought stuff to do some handicraft heh heh. Will post pictures of my lousy work soon. Muahahaha. I think I actually spent the most time at Spotlight compared to all the other shops I went to.

I went up to Manhattan Fish Market and left my contacts there to 'reserve' a seat for 13 people. Had dinner with a group of NUSWS people =) I had some Fried platter I shared with Hui Shan and Daniel over there, and after a while it was just gorging the food. Haha. Was damn full but a lot to finish. Thank goodness for the prawns. And juicy fried mushrooms. The mushrooms were damn good la, I liked them. I actually hated mushrooms and I couldn't figure out what the thing coated with batter was so I just ate it. Turned out to be huge mushrooms (not shitake, thankfully) and they were extreeeeeeeeeemely juicy. They're about the same price as Fish & Co., but its signature Fish and Chips was cheaper. $9.90++. I think the next time my MJCSB clique gonna celebrate a birthday, we better change to Manhattan Fish Market then. Whahaha. We can't survive on Fish & Co. for almost every birthday =D


The funny thing about this photo is that I was still chewing on my food when the waiter helped us snap this shot. Whahaha. He didn't count before he pressed the shutter, so I was busy chewing away if not it'd be rather uncomfortable smiling. In the end it seemed like I was the only one who needed to chew.




After which I went home.

04052007, Friday
Went back to Sheares from home, for whatever reason. Haha. Went to job agencies before that. Haven't received any calls till today, so I'm quite worried I won't be able to get a job soon. =C How come I always have no luck with this kinda things.

Anyway, when I reached hall on Friday I went to take my last dinner in hall, and then watched Full House from 7 pm plus to..around 5am? Whahahha. I haven't finished it though. No time le.

Then talked a bit with Amy, continued watching FH, then went to the lounge to busybody the others who were drinking there and drank something like the Blue Lagoon. But it was extremely sweeeeeeet. And made my mouth alllll blue. Pui. Haha.

So far I think FH isn't a very good show, it's funny but I feel it doesn't have enough depth to the content.

Slept at around 8 am plus of Saturday...

05052007, Saturday
...and I woke up at 12 pm plus to meet my extension trip group for itinerary discussion. I sacrificed going to busybody at MJC for the band exchange, in the end Xin Hui went for that. Bo jio. =C

I felt quite lousy at the meeting partly because I wasn't fully awake yet, but also that I felt pretty useless. I don't really have much ideas like Hwee Lee did and I am rather fine with anything. So I kept quiet (yea, right) throughout the meeting and when I spoke it was mainly lame stuff that I wanted to entertain them. There was Hwee Lee and Ian, Daniel and Cedric and me. Xin Hui pang seh-ed! Whahaha.

We decided on the route Milan -> Venice -> Munich -> Berlin -> Stockholm where we will be taking the plane with the rest of the NUSWS people who extended too. Ian booked the plane tickets already!!! Heehee, one part of our trip confirmed C= But it's quite expensive la. Though still not very expensive, but I found it expensive. Whahaha. I badly need a job!!!

I'm just a bit disappointed that Lady Luck wasn't really on our side because going all the way to Stockholm for the flight is really quite a bother. I can't go to Rome, FLORENCE (whaha), and Paris as suggested before that. =C Because the return flight was initially at Rome, but I think there weren't enough space...sigh. Not as excited as going to Germany but hey, better than nothing =D Quite excited now that things are almost, though not nearly, complete.

Heh. =P

And the supposed-to-go-for MJ alumni pract..I gave it up. Mainly because I wasn't going back home, so going to Pasir Ris then go back to hall is very troublesome. Excuses, but I really didn't wanna go through all that trouble. Can't go home because my brother's friend was staying over and she had to use my room. I am quite a gao zei person, and I just didn't wanna share my room with her so I gave her the entire room for two nights. Whaha.

So I trotted (macam babi) to City Hall with Daniel to meet the rest for the Swensen's trip. So sinful. Go there for ice-cream, fattening food etc and the opportunity cost is the band practice. SIGHHH. In the end, the turn out of my MJCSB (not NUSWS, Daniel =P) section for the practice was zero. =( Hong Wei (though not my section but his presence makes a difference to Felix Yap's) had field camp, Kai Yan only booked out at night and so Felix didn't go.

I shared Chicken Baked Rice (damn nice laaa) and this new seafood pizza with Hui Shan. The pizza was not bad, it had mangoes but no raisins like the picture depicted, but I didn't do anything about it because the crew that day was quite nice. Haha. But the pizza was quite bad in that the crust was horribly done and the toppings were not evenly and nicely spread out. The verdict: Get the pizza if you have extra cash to spare. Beware of the biscuit-like crust. Hahha. I thought not much of the CBR when I frequent Swensen's so I'll always try other stuff on the menu. But the CBR is really quite nice la, but not nice enough for me to want to complete the whole serving.

When I decided that I'd go Swensen's, I really wanted to at least put some mint and rum-and-raisin ice-cream into my mouth. Whahaha, what a way to illustrate. Anyway, they didn't have anymore rum-and-raisin and only this Yummy Raisin flavour. I was quite irritated because why would I want a raisin-filled ice-cream with no alcohol? T_T We ordered Apple Crumble (actually wasn't as impressive as I thought) and Giant Earthquake. The AC was quite amazing, because the waiter came with a hot plate of just the crumble and the vanilla ice-cream on top. And then he threw apple chunks around the crumble and then when he poured the...uh, butterscotch (?) over the mixture, it sizzled on the pan and the rest was like 'wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo' and that attracted a lot of attention -_- so paiseh la. Hahaha. And the Earthquake. A repeat of our previous amazement when the waitress poured water into the pepper bottle filled with dry ice and smoke came out. Whahhaa.

Look! We're rich! Edna, Yokes Daniel is smelling the yoghurt menu I was staring intently at the pizzas. Haha Arlin Chicken Baked Rice!!! Yong Kiat, the missing boy with the brown shirt and shorts. Whahaha Woaaahhhhh Pizzalala Yokes, Edna, Dan, Arlin, Yong Kiat, me, Hui Shan and the smoking Earthquake

In the end, there was an alcohol taste in the Yummy Raisin!!!! Whahaha. And I enjoyed the trip to Swensen's because of that. Whahahahhahahaha. Gian peng Derek didn't go!!! Hahahaa. He overslept. Meeting time was 6 in the evening. He came after Swensen's though. So we treated him to the roadside $1 ice-cream.

Coincidentally while we were feasting at Suntec's Swensen's, people from the NUSWS trumpet section appeared hahaa. So it seems that 6 of the trumpeters were using their Swensen's vouchers on that day too. They topped the ticket sales, so they got $140 worth of vouchers while the tuba section at third, we got $90. Conclusion: Don't think you can eat a lot when you have a lot of vouchers. The trumpets had an outstanding of about $60 (but some rich guy belanja-ed) and we had only $42 outstanding. I only paid $6, 爽呆了. =D

After that we walked around and ended up at Esplanade. For some reason, we sat at the Foyer for quite some time. I really felt very slacked whahhaa. Looooooong time that I could sit somewhere and just chit-chat. Oh and Derek, please stop wearing your pair of PVC slippers everywhere. It belongs to solely movement in hall.

Sometimes I hope I really am not 'calculative' in a sense and just tolerate people who always 撒娇. But I seriously can't tahan girls who 撒娇 24/7 even if they're born that way. I'll just roll my eyes at them. Whhahaa. I don't understand why they've got to 撒娇 to please people and so what, who do you think you are to get everything your way? Sickening! Sigh. I hate to be one of those hypocrites. I can't tahan! OK la, I admit I do 撒娇 too but I'm sure my condition is not bad because I get ignored easily. Whahhahaa.

P.S. MJCSB clinched a Gold medal for their debut SYF two years ago on this day! =D
"Band no. 4, Meridian Junior College, Gold." "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

06052007, Sunday
Blogged about today, Ann Gee's show.

07052007, Monday
I went back to school from home for the Star Dust singing competition. Went for it because Juli, one of my kaki-s in hall, joined the competition with her friend. And they got third place!! The rankings of the group category was good. However for the solo category, I still don't think the guy should get! Liza was good, the Joel guy and the last guy was good too. Liza should get second and Sonia should get third, and one of the guys should get the top position. Dwayne is funky and jumpy and lively and a breath of fresh air I know, but he shouldn't get top place. And Star Dust '06 winner, Surath, is a damn good singer can? Whahaha, if a guy sings to me with that kind of voice, I'd just die there. Wahahha.

It was quite the first time I was doing some fan-business, like waving light sticks and shouting 'JUUUULIIIIIIIIIII' all that. And waving poster boards bearing her name. Whahaha. The judge called her Kelly then Judy then finally Juli -_- I don't know where the Kelly name came from. Juli's parents were damn cute la. Her mum was like '第一次作这种东西咧。' Whahaha and she was like quite anxious and excited and happy. They must be proud parents man, their kids are good-looking and talented people.

Juli and her friend Kevin sang....I can't remember the title. Hahaha. Some Chinese song by 刘耕宏 and 许慧欣 if I got the spelling right. And they won $300 on top of the trophy lo. Whahaha. And they were good. In fact I couldn't concentrate much because I was busy taking photos and holding the placard and light stick. Don't ask me how I managed that, I was too pre-occupied I cannot remember.

P.S. Derek I caught you in your PVC slippers at Star Dust.

Ah, the end of alllll dated postings.

Today, 08052007, Tuesday
Going for chalet at Aloha.

And happy birthday Annie How Yi Xin. May you be pretty one day. Whahaha.

Happy birthday Felix Yap. May you be thin one day.

09052007, Wednesday
Supposed to go for seniors' gathering at 3 p.m., but I decided not to and instead to go for MJCSB's sound check at SCH. I wanna go for both the gathering and sound check, but then I'd rather go for the sound check la. Too detached from the main band that I cannot stand it anymore. What business of theirs is mine, I don't know. Haha. This decision is much easier to make than the alumni pract and Swensen's one. I decided against going for the gathering the moment I know about the sound check =P

10052007, Thursday
Nothing's confirmed on this day, supposed to meet the extension trip group to confirm our itinerary and accomodation. I dunno where I can find the time to really confirm my part though.

11052007, Friday
JCs SYF. Will wake up early to go to SCH and get tickets to enter the hall and watch the entire thing. I pray I won't be going to the toilet because it may risk my chances of going back inside.

So many things, how to find job? Argh! Must really start by next Monday! T_T I want and need a jobbb!!!!

P.S. Yokes! Can I get photos from you?
P.P.S. I know that this is an uber long post. I am long-winded.
P.P.P.S. There aren't news about Alan Johnston anymore. Hmmm.

No comments: