Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Stay over at Joan's

(Almost) The seven of us stayed over at Joan's place on Saturday through Sunday. 'Almost' because Jing Yi came on Saturday but she was too tired due to work and went back home on Saturday night. So Shun Wei, Hui Ying, Shi Hui, Annie and I spent the night at Joan's place. Heh. Dinner was pot luck, so all of us had to bring some food over. Food, glorious food. Joan cooked a lot! Thanks girl.

I just realised I didn't eat Shun's nuggets at all.

And for some reason we didn't take pictures. I didn't bring my camera, no one bothered to take a photo in any way. Our first stayover lehh. Whaha.

Anyway, Joan bought and cooked Swedish meatballs and sauce from Ikea, on top of that, she cooked pasta and cream sauce and tomato sauce for the pasta. Great right! Ha.

Hui Ying made pie without pastry. This means something like instead of flour, potato is used. So what you get is those minced meat and vegetables topped with cheese (woots) and a thick layer of potato. Wa, damn nice leh! I made something like this before in secondary school, but it was only a thin pie. Hers was like.....about 6 inches thick? And the cheese was like....waaaaa. Haha.

Siew Hoon made lots of sandwiches, got egg, ham and cheese, tuna (or was it chicken whaha) etc.

Shun fried nuggets! Which I didn't get to taste. I think she brought something else. But I can't remember. Sorry!!

Jing Yi bought the roasted chicken you can easily get from supermarkets, whaha =P

Annie bought drinks and chips.

I made agar-agar!

At first I felt guilty 'cos I was imagining the rest of the girls will be making lots of better food and I was only bringing a dish of agar, and thank goodness I didn't make another dish! Whaha. There was just too much food for us to complete. The food lasted us from dinner to breakfast on Sunday.

One for home, one for the girls. Pretty right? Whahaa
So clear so pretty~
See the reflection on the surface
The longan

Anyway, about my agar-agar, whahaha, I think it was quite nice just that the sugar content wasn't enough. Hurhur. Not to push the blame but my mum put the sugar and she told me it was sweet enough when I told her I think it was bland. My brother also said it was bland but he likes it bland so ok lo. When the agar set and I tried, no taste one. Whahaa. The agar-agar is actually made from longan and red date drink. I used the drink as the stock for the agar and it turned out quite fine la =) I think I'll make this again. Tastes better (and more special =P) than the usual agar-agar.

Entertainment-wise at Joan's place, I think Siew Hoon brought the Monopoly for nothing though I'd rather play that than watching the movies. We watched 300 first. Piangs. Worst movie of the century. Whaha, no laaaa. I felt irritated by the movie because it was either filled with murmurs or battlefields -___- And I didn't know what the hell was going on throughout the show and it got REALLLLYYYYY boring. The worst show I've watched this holiday. And then Joan's brother took out Scary Movie 4. It was hideous but funny. So at least I felt more alright after watching it.

I should've said I wanted to play Monopoly. Whaha. A vvverryyyy long time since I last played it.

Went to bathe, then chatted a bit with the girls in Joan's room. And a while later we slept. Haha. Wasn't that used to sleeping in a confined space whahaha. I couldn't even turn properly and woke up when I hit Shun who was sleeping beside me. Hahaaa. So throughout the night was just waking and sleeping and waking and sleeping. Muaha.

Next morning was trying to finish the food that we brought. Whahaha. Then we played a bit of Mall Tycoon 2 which wasn't that fun haha and went home.

Hopefully we can do this more than once a year. =)

No comments: