Sunday, May 06, 2007

AG's show



Ann Gee had (has, it's not over at this time) an art show at Red Dot Design Museum, part of the Market for Artists And Designers (MAAD) show. It was quite an eye-opener for me since I haven't been to such an art show before. I didn't manage to take a picture of her exhibit. Other than exhibits local artists were selling their own work and seriously, most are worth buying.

Finding my way there was a bit of a challenge as I haven't been there before. Thank goodness the place which is beside Tanjong Pagar MRT Station wasn't hard to find. One entirely red building, how will you miss it?



Along the way while looking at the stuff there I got name cards from the sellers and artists. They're 1000000000000000000 times much better than th
e bazaars we have at NUS. They're really quality stuff and I enjoyed my time walking around there, compared to looking at almost the same products in the faculty bazaars. Woots. I shall go there again next time.

I bought this package from AG's exhibit. Some package of a magazine of her work, postcards and two stickers. Here you see her stuff.


I'll want to go there again leh, especially if I have some cash to spare. Wanted to buy one of Moof's tees that I think is quite cute, but then I didn't have enough money with me and can't really afford to buy too many things in there. I wanted to buy this pair of damn funny looking earrings from Ann Gee's friend, but I decided not to since I couldn't really afford le. $6 for the earrings, but man they're really cute.

Here are some of the stuff I got from MAAD. Ann Gee's sealed package, a magazine of the artists' stuff, and some name cards.


Do support Ann Gee! Her blog and her website.

No comments: