Friday, May 25, 2007

Movies

The third installation of several movies are/will be showing at cinemas recently, like Spiderman 3, Shrek 3 and Pirates of the Carribean 3. So far, I heard that Spiderman 3 wasn't nice, and I read the Life! section of the papers yesterday, where the film correspondent and critic Ong Sor Fern awarded only two stars out of five for Pirates, saying there were too much computer-generated scenes. Ahh. Boring boring. Especially when Singapore is prominently featured in this film. I-forgot-who told me that Shrek 3 is going to be boring as well, because of several reused jokes.

Spoiler lurking below.

I finished watching Little Miss Sunshine a few weeks ago and oh my, what an irritating show. The family in this show was a problematic one, where the father had a terrible attitude and he works as a motivational speaker. He kept using his so-called techniques-to-success at home and my, he really pissed me off. Obviously his techniques weren't working. The mother didn't cook, and dinner time was mostly chicken from fast-food restaurants. Her brother was a very prestigious scholar who was gay and he tried to kill himself. Her son's dream was to be a pilot and he decided to not talk until he gets to become one. So for more than half of the show, he had no dialogue. He looks like Paul Twohill. So he was rather emo. Next, the grandfather of the family. He was kicked out of the old folks' home he was in because he was taking drugs and wouldn't quit. And he kept on fighting with his son who will use his 'techniques' against the old guy. The youngest daughter. No comments. Ok, maybe one. She is rather abnormal.

How I think of the story of the show? Well, quite a nice and comfortable story, but I rather you people watch for the amusement of an exaggerated family. The movie is funny, but irritating at the same time.

No comments: