Saturday, June 02, 2007

Yesterday

What seemed like a bad day turned out not that bad when I met Daniel, Nick and Hui Shan at The Mind Cafe at Selegie Road.

The day started out quite bad. I am a very on-time person, meaning I don't leave extra time and only aim to reach my destination on time. This leads to me being slightly late almost everyday.

Yesterday, I took the SBS to the pick-up area of the UPS transport. When I alighted and walked towards the pick-up area, I kept a lookout for a Comfort bus, since it was the bus that took us to work everyday. Since there wasn't any Comfort bus, I walked slowly and a while after I reached the area, my colleague SMSed and told me the (bloody) bus just left and she was at Century Square. Meaning the bus really left only a while ago. I didn't get on the bus because yesterday, it wasn't a Comfort bus. Was some white bus. Pissed off.

So I walked towards Tampines MRT Station to get on the train to Simei, hoping I may still catch the bus. When I was on the platform at Simei, my colleague said the bus was at Changkat Changi Sec. Shit. Went to the lift thinking that it'll be much faster, in the end the lift door wouldn't close! ARGGHH. And I went down and obviously the bus was gone.

Had to take a cab to work. Waste of money.

Argh.

When we were packing up to go home that evening, Yu Xin couldn't lock a compartment of a chest of drawers. T_T And we wasted time and had to run for the transport.

Sigh, I couldn't even go pee.

When we reached the door at the lobby Yu Xin said bye to me and Kim Peng followed suit, so I thought Yu Xin had to go to Bedok and the bus which was parked along the road was the Bedok bus. And in the end, it turned out to be the Tampines Bus which Yu Xin was fully aware of, and she thought I was going to Bedok to take the train to meet my friends.

Oh c'mon. This made Kim Peng go up the wrong bus! There was a moment of confusion and the uncle closed the door on me. I had to jump and knock the door to catch his attention. Kim Peng went up the bus thinking that the Bedok bus left already, since it is always earlier than the Tampines bus. When the bus left, the Bedok bus came and parked at the exact spot.

*rolls eyes*

Nevertheless I dropped at Simei and took the long walk home.

A really long walk

What a way to end my last day at UPS. Meei Yuh, the lady in the office in charge of us temps, was very nice and because she was busy yesterday, she SMSed me when I was at Mind Cafe for some well-wishing.

Will blog about the activities pre, during and post Mind Cafe when I get the photos.

No comments: