Sunday, June 10, 2007

Cycling trip number 3

Went Pasir Ris Park today for another round of cycling.

Rental was higher than that of East Coast Park, most probably due to the lack of competition. Renting a bike at PRP was $6/hr for a medium-sized bike with suspensions while you get the same for $8 per two hours at ECP. Due to the higher price, I think I'm starting to comtemplate if I should go to ECP again. But the crowds there really turn me off.

Cycling wasn't that good today.

I think I caused a small boy to fall off his little bicycle. The boy is at most 3 years old I think. So you can just imagine how small he is. He was cycling behind his brother who was a few years older. Both were on those 4-wheeled bicycles. We met at one end of a bridge in PRP, and a woman parked her bicycle there on the right and sat there and stared into space. So she became an obstacle that I had to avoid. Just before reaching the bridge, I had to cycle away from other pedestrians and cyclists who were initially blocking me. I wonder why they let their kids hog the middle of the tracks. It's pretty irritating. So I was stuck on the right side of the track.

I continued cycle slowly since I was going upslope upon reaching the bridge. But I didn't know how to stop properly while going upslope because I was afraid I'll lose my footing and roll down backwards instead. =( So I rang the bell continuously hoping that the boys would go out of my way. The brother went out of way, while the boy cycled just right beside me and he looked at me and the next thing I knew, he fell off his bicycle. The woman was still sitting there on the right of the bridge.

And boy wailed and I was like 'Oh my god' and got off my bike. I asked his brother where mummy was and he pointed 'Daddy over there'. I apologised profusely to the boy and his father said 'It's OK' and ignored me totally after that. The small boy miraculously stopped wailing after about 10 seconds. I think he just wanted to attract his parents' attention la.

No injuries except for a few small scratches above his left brow. Thank goodness.

Felt so awful after that that I only cycled for an hour today and trotted off for breakfast. And bought 黑白 to make myself feel better a little bit.



The only good part about cycling today was that there was a part of the cycling track that I can practise my turns without being interrupted by people. There were very little people today.

I need to display a P-plate while cycling.

No comments: