Sunday, June 10, 2007

Cycling just got better

Yeay yeay.

Cycling has been much easier to get used to.

Went to East Coast Park with my parents last Sunday to practise cycling while they jalk (jog+walk). Renting of bike cost $8 for 2 hours and NO free mineral water.

Big mistake.

There were horribly terribly crowds of people and cyclists and I had a hard time passing through them safely, being an amateur. Extremely stressed when I obviously didn't pass the obstacle course done by Cedric, Daniel and Daniel's scandal the week before.

I almost banged into many many people along the more centralised area of the park, like where the restaurants etc. were. People, for some reason, love to cycle close to each other. T_T I wanted to get away to no avail. Until I cycled far far away to the Lagoon area of the park. Fwah. The slopes and all were exciting. Whahaha. And further down to the Bedok jetty. Couldn't turn so I stopped and turned the bike at the end of the jetty and continued cycling. Whaha. Along the way to the Lagoon area, there was a construction site. And I almost fell into it during one of my laps because I wanted to avoid a post and the site as well. The two obstructions were just a short distance away from each other. I was close to screaming and got pass them nicely. Phew.

The chemical from the bike

The next time I cycle on a Sunday, I will never go to East Coast Park again. Till I get more experienced, that is. Two weeks and a bit left for me to practise before I leave for Italy.

No comments: