Sunday, June 10, 2007

Work at Yumin

The new job has been fine so far, considering that the jobs that I needed to complete were very straightforward. Supposed to type the kids' worksheets into soft copy and other random jobs.

The structure of the school has been changed through renovation too much that I cannot recognise many of the places already. The classrooms building that I used to use were gone, the previous General Office is now situated at where the staff room was, the canteen looked like a smaller version of MJ's canteen. The dentist's clinic is moved to I-dunno-where. However, the entrances are still the same. The pathway leading to the back gate (now called rear-gate) is still there. I remembered playing games there during recess with my classmates. I got goosebumps when I saw that the old tree at the back gate was still there!!! Soooo memorable! T_T It was a very old and spooky tree. Will definitely take a picture next time.

It's quite a good experience to work in a school. I discovered many many things that I didn't know.

The colleagues there are OK, just that the age gaps were rather hard to fill. I don't see anyone of my age around, so I go for lunch alone. Can't really go back for lunch as the break time is only half an hour. But I'm always late 'cos I eat quite slowly. Hope they never take note.

Used to be in Girls' Brigade, and happily looked forward to hear what they've been doing. In the end, they closed down already. T_T No more lovely blue uniforms, not more hymns, no more drilling. To think that I used to be soooo committed and loved drills! Haha. No more 29th COY. And I even got a Best Girls' Brigader trophy at the school's speech day in Primary 6. Now I think the prized possession looks a bit sad le.

Sooo many new and interesting CCAs!!! So angry! I feel so deprived. There are more musical groups when those we had were choir and maybe angklung. Now they have guzheng ensemble, recorder ensemble etc. The guzheng ensemble is so good that they got a gold medal in their first SYF in 2004. I think at my time no groups in YPS took part in SYF before. Haha. Or at least nothing was won there. Kids can even take violin lessons in school! Of course they've got to pay for the violins and the lessons, however they get to be graded! I'm so envious.

It was very rare for primary schools to be able to go on an overseas trip. Now they go annually. To China and Japan. They've got exchanges there, and HOMESTAY. So the foreign parents look after them. Piangsss! They get to experience a lot of things! The first time I knew about exchanges was only when I got into Hai Sing. Now P4s and 5s can get to go to Japan. I want to go to Hokkaido! T_T

Had fun typing the supplementary worksheets. Especially for science, since I get to draw diagrams! Haha. Of course I followed the hard copy most of the time, but those were really ugly. Muahahhahaha. Shhhhh. =P


Chanced upon this manual but haven't tried the actual programme yet. So I only read a bit of the book to pass time when no work was assigned to me. Some diagrams I drew (and am very proud of whahaha):

I just realised I drew this diagram wrongly. Should be one container instead of four. Gotta change
I think the rock is quite cute =\


My favourite work so far. Can you see what both diagrams are trying to test?

It was fun typing and answering the questions at the same time. The questions that I never can answer till now are the physics questions. Forgot them.

In all, I still prefer to work in corporate administration departments...things are more systematic and I can easily find temps my age. Whaha.

On the fifth day of work, I realised something.

TempRORY? I tempura leh.

I took this pass everyday, and it was only on Friday that I noticed it. Haha.

No comments: