Sunday, June 10, 2007

First trip to The Mind Cafe

As much as I've heard of buzz about the cafe, I wasn't bothered enough to find out where the place is, much less how to go there. However, I made my first trip there last Friday (this post is more than a week late), as in, on the 1st of June.

Since it was quite a last minute invitation, I had to go home to have dinner first then make my way to Dhoby Ghaut station. Thankfully my dad had to drive my brother to work, so my dad dropped me at Novena station and took the MRT from there. If not I think I won't get to play much. Ha.

The very very insecure me was feeling extremely insecure, because I set off to go to the cafe without finding out where it is situated. Daniel Kang told me it was opposite Paradiz Centre and the first thing I thought was, where on the island is that? Upon reaching DG I stared at the map for quite some time. In the end I couldn't remember where I was supposed to turn, so I just followed the road sign indicating 'Selegie Road'. And happily I reached there. Phew.

The games Dan, Hui Shan, Nick and I played were a bean-farming game and Settlers of Catan. Both were quite interesting, but I think we were too nice to each other during the bean game. Haha. Happily donated beans to each other instead of exchanging or not helping at all.

And we happily played Settlers the wrong way which resulted in my win. Muaha. Hui Shan said it was Beginner's Luck. OK lo. Heh. But I like Settlers. And the next time I play, I'll make sure the settlements are separated by two roads and not one.

This cheesy snack that they ordered was quite nice leh. Piangs, the cheese was cheesy. I ordered this Earl Grey Float. Tried this because I love Earl Grey. However, iced Earl Grey plus sugar is good except for the ice-cream. It was a bit weird.

When we were nearly done with all those playing, Daryl and Alison came to join us. And we walked to Prinsep St (if I'm not wrong) for tauhuay. There were so many patrons on that Friday night that we ended up sitting somewhere we would classify as the gangsters' area. It was in an alley at the back, and the light we got was from this extra large and powerful spotlight a distance away. But I love tauhuay, and was satisfied that I had tauhuay la. And he was soft. Though it's a bit overrated. Can't remember the name of the shop.

The beany game

Concentrated
Ahhhhhhh. Cheeeeeeeeese.
Change of game, but still concentrated
Nick and Dan
Me and Hui Shan
How the game ended and I got the ten pointsPlus Alison and Daryl
Tauhuay
The bright spotlight and the dark alley with several vandalisms

And the full moon

Daryl left to join his friends, and Nick drove the rest of us home. Meaning, he drove from Bugis/Dhoby Ghaut to Jurong to Simei to Tampines and he lives in the north. That's like driving across the island. Tour de Singapour. Since my place is rather ulu, I didn't want him to drop me at my place. So told him to drop my off along the main road. He said he'll drive me in, but it was too late because he should've kept to the rightmost lane to turn in when we were at the leftmost lane. And he happily cut across two lanes in the middle and got on the leftmost lane. First-time experience for me.

And after dropping me, Alison and Nick got lost. -_-

Thanks to Nick that I got home earlier!

No comments: