Friday, December 15, 2006

FIRE!

This happened some time last month.

I was talking to Amy outside my door when I saw something burning at my 2 o'clock direction.

Lighted up the night sky in red

It was towards the port area at south-west of Singapore. I have no idea what it is. Went to Yi Xin's room and we went up the rooftop with her friend and saw that something is spurting out fire and not a whole sea of fire that I thought. Like instead of smoke coming out of a chimney it was fire.

Took these two photos with flash, so that the shape of the flame would be clearer

Without flash, so you can see the flame lighting up the sky

After which Amy and I studied at our block rooftop and one of the seniors, Adrian, came over to take a look. He said that the flame could be because of the industries burning excess wastes like gases. Oh.

And the next morning on the front page of ST someone on the main island took a photo of it and sent it to STOMP! and so it was explained that it was caused by Exxon-Mobil's plant on Jurong Island.

So you can imagine that if we can see the fire from here, then it must be damm scary if you were on Jurong Island itself. Seems like the entire burning process took more than a day.

No comments: