Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Skin problems

It's in my genes to have sensitive skin. Throughout my life many a times I've been to the doctor regarding my skin. Like erm...infections..those kind with pus are the mode. Haha. But this time at first I thought it was just some rash so I didn't bother. Then today I realised there were about 5-6 reddish rings on my right thigh. Just below my ass. Sorry if you didn't want to know that. But don't start imagining.

Anyway, I kind of wondered what it was then went to find out on the Internet and decided I should go see a doc, since I don't know the cause of it and exams are coming so I don't want it to hinder my mood. So I trotted to Yusof Ishak House (YIH) for free medical consultation plus medicine. Yeay. The good things about being a university student.

Then the doctor (thank the guy up there she's female) said that must be some insect bite, will itch, etc. But it doesn't itch. Then she huh-ed and told me to let her take a closer look.

So we were like this.



Quite obscene I was sooo afraid that I couldn't help and fart in her face. I think she'll just give me a killer medicine then. Haha.

So after much examination, she said it was due to fungal growth. Imagine mushrooms growing on your skin. Haha. She said must be because I sat for too long. I can't doubt this, the past days when I've been at the Central Library trying to mug I continued sitting on my chair though it began to feel hot.

Doc says that if the growths don't go within ten days, I'll have to go back and see her. Her name is Joan Tjia. I have to remember this in case. In case. But please please go away! I have to sit still for more days to come!

She added that the growth will stain my skin for about two months. As long as the angry redness go away it's healed. So red red go away. And don't come ever again.

The resource on the Internet said that it's quite common, and about 10 to 25% of people get it at least once in their lives. So it's not some rare condition la.

And I did not have to pay a single cent for that cream! =)

AND. Hope I get well soon =D

2 comments:

mamai said...

awww i hope u get well soon too!
hahhaa i love the drawing.
and mushrooms on the skin? LOL.

btw i've got a video on youtube that i cried watching and i want to show u but i'm too lazy to go find the link. i'll give it some other time. it's the sims animated as well. so heartbreaking.

well take care (=

erina said...

haha thanks girl =D the drawing was crap laa haha.

ya i've watched several touching ones on youtube too, and i think you give me the link after the exams. though im still searching for more entertainment myself. haha.

yep you take care too =)