Friday, January 12, 2007

Life can be so unpredictable

Last night Ai Lin told me that one of her modules got cancelled and her lecture group is supposed to find other modules for themselves, when bidding rounds are already over and it is hard to find another suitable module. So we were complaining about the system last night.

And then when AL came back from lessons today she told me that the reason why the module got cancelled was because her lecturer, A/P Ananda Rajah, passed away. It came as a shock, the most tragic thing I thought that would happen to the module was that the lecturer fell sick or something like that. You can read about the article in yesterday's Straits Times. In short the professor collapsed in his office while discussing a thesis with his student. You can imagine how shocked the guy could be.

This reminded me of last semester when I went to the computer lab to do my programming, and I saw paramedics outside an office in the level and they were trying to revive a man lying on the floor. Could be a professor, I'm not sure. Wonder if the man is healthy now.

There are too many cases of people collapsing when they have been leading healthy lives. I know my time will come one day, but I don't want it to be so soon because I wanna experience all stages of life. I seem to be only in Stage 1 or 2. Still a student and not into society yet. Sigh.

It also occurred to me that if I die, how will people around me remember me? And I wanna live life to the fullest before I can really let go.

Oh man. Quite troubled. =\

No comments: